none
VB.NET screen recorder RRS feed

• Question

• Hello. is their a way to create a screen recorder with Visual Basic.

PRIORITY 1/4: It would have Audio, and a 20 - 60 (or more) FPS Screen. also it must make a file that i can upload to YouTube (youtube.com) via the upload button.

Those are my requirments.                                                                                                                                                 the things that i would like to do but dont need are:

the ability to pause the video while the video is going (priority 2 of 4)

the ability to select a region to record (priority 3 of 4)

and for the video to display the FPS being used (FPS IS FRAMES PER SECOND) (priority 4 of 4)

IMPORTANT:

if you are answering any of the required questions, type 1 before your message.                                                                     if you are answering any of the non required questions, type 2 before your message.                                                                if you are answering both of the questions, type 3 before you message.                                                                                   type other if it is non of those 4!

Thank you, 

Nave

The Code Rules

Friday, December 8, 2017 10:25 PM

Answers

All replies

• PRIORITY 1/4: It would have Audio, and a 20 - 60 (or more) FPS Screen. also it must make a file that i can upload to YouTube (youtube.com) via the upload button.

You haven't asked a question.   You need to select one of those tasks, post the code you are using, and clearly identify the problem that yo have with that code - the error message that it generates, or what the difference is between what you expected to happen and what actually happened.

Friday, December 8, 2017 10:29 PM
  • Hi

Please select how you would like to pay.

1. By the line

2. By the project

3. Not at all

If your answer is 1., then type 1

If your answer is 2. then type 2

If your answer is 3. then type all the code you have already made.

Regards Les, Livingston, Scotland

Friday, December 8, 2017 10:36 PM
  •  There are a few ways you can get close to your goals.  One is using Direct-X (DirectShow),  another is using FFMPEG to encode captured images to a video,  and another is to use the Windows Media Encoder.  Below are just a few links to some code examples (downloadable projects) so you can look through the code and see how it is done,  or just use the classes themselves in your project.

VB.NET - MPEG-4 Screen recorder. May 23rd, 2015 update

Capture Activities on Screen in a Movie

Screen Recorder

DirectX.Capture Class Library

If you really wanted to,  you could dive deep into the win32 api functions and record captured images and sound to an avi video file but,  it will require a really good understanding of using unmanaged code in vb.net and a real good understanding of using some of the Multimedia Functions, Structures, and more too.

If you say it can`t be done then i`ll try it

Saturday, December 9, 2017 12:03 AM
  • I dont have a problem i just was wondering how to accully do it?

The Code Rules

Saturday, December 9, 2017 3:48 PM
  • I dont have a problem i just was wondering how to accully do it?

The Code Rules

Hi

IronRazerz  has already posted all the information you need. That would be the way to do it. You need to mark his post as the Answer to your question.

Feel free to post your code with further questions and you will get any help needed. Do so in a new thread.

Regards Les, Livingston, Scotland

• Edited by leshay Saturday, December 9, 2017 3:58 PM
    Saturday, December 9, 2017 3:57 PM
  • You can do that in the same way as you can make from wood a motor car. 

However, probably is the wood only the outside of the car. The rest are all kind of API's and parts which you made by using lower level languages. 

Success
    Cor

Saturday, December 9, 2017 3:59 PM
  • Sorry but we don't allow duplicate post here so I'm merging this with your first post.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Saturday, December 9, 2017 10:40 PM
  •  This seems to be a common problem that has been asked about many times over the last few years.  If you do a quick google search for the error,  you will find a boat load of questions and answers to it.  Try some of the suggestions in the links below.  I have never had it happen to me so,  i have no idea which might really work.

(Solved) Unable to copy file "obj\Debug\banksys.exe to bin\Debug\banksys.exe

Unable to copy a file from obj\Debug to bin\Debug

And here is the google search results that i found those two links from.  If you have no luck,  then try a few other solutions in the other links...

Google Search Results For This Error

PS - If your original question has been answered,  then please remember to mark the post or posts that answered it as the answer(s).  Thanks.

If you say it can`t be done then i`ll try it

• Edited by IronRazerz Sunday, December 10, 2017 1:45 AM
    • Marked as answer by Nave GCT Sunday, December 10, 2017 11:36 AM
    Saturday, December 9, 2017 11:10 PM
  • i didnt do multiple posts! it vanished from its form?!?!?!

The Code Rules

Sunday, December 10, 2017 11:34 AM
  • Thank you!

The Code Rules

Sunday, December 10, 2017 11:39 AM