Authenticate against user on DMZ server RRS feed

• Question

• User-1681489650 posted

I have a server in the DMZ which I'm trying to authenticate against its local "Administrator" account which is in the Administrators group.  The DMZ server is not part of my domain, it's just out there by itself.

From my machine I'm running the code:

DirectoryEntry userEntry = new DirectoryEntry("LDAP://111.12.1.15/DC=mysubdomain,DC=mydomain,DC=com", "Administrator", "myAdminPassword", AuthenticationTypes.ServerBind);

Since my computer doesn't know the DMZ server's name I'm using its IP Address. (It's that how it's done?)

On the DMZ server I can run LDP and bind to the local Administrator account using these settings.  But, using either the code above or a web app I can't seem to authenticate.

I don't get an error message other than what's in the properties of the DirectoryEntry which is "Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password." and also "AcceptSecurityContext error, data 2030, v1db1".

So, if you have a stand-alone DMZ server what do you need to do to remotely authenticate against its local Administrator account?

Monday, December 3, 2012 6:04 PM

Answers

• User-166373564 posted

Hi johnr

There is a similar thread in IIS Forums, and there are many good tips about server in DMZ remotely  authenticate administrator account,

http://forums.iis.net/t/1166682.aspx 

Kind regards

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, December 10, 2012 12:35 AM