none
in XLSX doucment , first row values turn in strange format. RRS feed

• Question

• When i open xlsx doument with zip, and naviagte to SharedStrings.xml
    first row values are as follow : 
    <si>

<t>F_x0000_i_x0000_r_x0000_s_x0000_t_x0000_ _x0000_N_x0000_a_x0000_m_x0000_e_x0000_</t>

</si>

When i open the document with excel evrything is ok, values are strings they need to be. So my question is, what can cause that, and is there any way i can convert values like those, to content strings inside code.

problem is that, if i read in values from that excel, then in program i get those strange values as well. And as i have to control the header values from excel, i need to know how to convert them to normal text. 

thanks

• Edited by JJPuua Monday, July 21, 2014 5:17 AM
    Sunday, July 20, 2014 1:41 PM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your description, I suspect whether you are using special characters in the Excel cell. In fact, if we fill the cell with a normal string "First Name" and review it with zip package or Open XML SDK productivity tool in SharedStrings.xml, we can see the element as <t>First Name</t>.

After researching and testing, I failed to find the meaning of "_x0000" and reproduce your issue. How do you wrote the F_x0000_i_x0000_r_x0000_s... into the cell? Is it wrote by Excel Application? If so, I think the question is more about the Open XML Spec implement in Excel, so the more proper forum is Office XML, ODF, and Binary File Formats.

For a workaround, I suggest you rewriting the cell with a normal string "First Name". In this way, you could get the correct value of the cell with Range.Value method.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, July 21, 2014 5:47 AM