I am not getting "Add table" option in my vs pro 2012 asp.net project? RRS feed

• Question

• User-706642467 posted

i added a Microsoft SQL Server Database File (SqlClient) but in server explorer when i right click i get only refresh & properties option but not add table option , please resolve my issue.

link to sceernshot 

http://www.box.com/s/powyxwce7z7gu8lf0ij8

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 1:40 AM

Answers

• User-166373564 posted

Hi kranthikumar

For this issue, I think we should look into it, and check whether this is related to your VS or project sprecific.

You could create a simple new project, and connect to a File-based database following the link mentioned above, and check whether it still has same issue.

Best regards

Angie Xu

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, February 16, 2014 9:46 PM

All replies

• User-166373564 posted

HI kranthikumar

Thanks for your feedback.

According to your description above, first I'm guessing whether you connect to a File-based database properly, there is the procedure that temporarily/permanently attach a database file (.mdf) from the Data Connections node below,

# How to: Connect to a File-based Database

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms239722.aspx

If it still has same issue, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Regards

Angie Xu

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 9:18 PM
  • User-706642467 posted

still the same issue , i connected to sql server database file (sql client) , but still there is no option to create tables , i get only "refresh & properties" options , please help .

Thursday, February 13, 2014 4:32 AM
  • User-166373564 posted

Hi kranthikumar

For this issue, I think we should look into it, and check whether this is related to your VS or project sprecific.

You could create a simple new project, and connect to a File-based database following the link mentioned above, and check whether it still has same issue.

Best regards

Angie Xu

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, February 16, 2014 9:46 PM