none
Macro Menu Command to Replicate F11 RRS feed

• Question

• On my front end database, I plan to have the navigation pane turned off and the special keys disabled so the users won’t have access to the navigation pane. However, I’d like to have a macro able to bring the navigation pane back for me if I type a key word into a text box. Security is not paramount for this application.

What macro menu command could replicate the function of the F11 special key and display the navigation pane, even with special keys disabled?

Friday, December 22, 2017 5:24 PM

All replies

• Hi John,

I use the following code:

DoCmd.SelectObject acTable, , True

Hope it helps...

Friday, December 22, 2017 5:31 PM
  • Hi John Schwab2,

is your issue solved?

I find that you did not follow up this thread after posting the issue.

if your issue is solved then I suggest you to post your solution and mark it as an answer.

if your issue is still exist then try to refer the solution given by the me.

if then also you have any further questions then let me know about it.

I will try to provide further suggestions to solve the issue.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 28, 2017 9:31 AM
  • Hi John,

For hidding the navigation pane, you could try code below:

DoCmd.NavigateTo "acNavigationCategoryObjectType"

DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdWindowHide

If you have any issue to resolve your issue, please feel free to let us know.

Best Regards,

Tao Zhou

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 3, 2018 7:52 AM