none
api-ms-win crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing RRS feed

• Question

• Pardon me if  I've not got the right Forum, but I got the error message: api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing when I installed Python 3.6.2.  I have Windows 7, and I have scanned it for corruption. No files were found to be corrupted.  I do have KB2999226 downloaded.  When I go to the Start Menu and click on my download of Python, I get the following error message: The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b).

It has been suggested that  I need to reinstall: mfc.100dll,    mfc.100u.dll,    msvcr100.dll,    msvcp100.dll,    and    msvcr100_clr0400.dll  

Does this make sense?

Wednesday, August 30, 2017 3:33 AM

All replies

• Hi Nomdun,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

Except the  KB2999226, please go to Control Panel - Windows Update to check and install all the latest updates. Then reboot your machine and install  the Visual C++ Redistributable:

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 31, 2017 6:58 AM
  • The dll file api-ms-win crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from the computer then do not worry you can find this from the system easily in a limited time.
    • Edited by remona01 Thursday, September 20, 2018 11:24 AM
    Thursday, September 20, 2018 11:24 AM