none
How do I get OpenXML onto the clipboard so that it will paste into Powerpoint? RRS feed

• Question

• I am generating OpenXml using the DocumentFormat.OpenXML library from Microsoft. I am tring to figure out how to get this document into my clipboard so that I can paste my data into Powerpoint(as if it were copied from Powerpoint). I am able to see OpenXml formated data coming out of Powerpoint, when I copy from within Powerpoint. I need to do the reverse, copy out of an application, and paste into Powerpoint using advanced Powerpointformatting (hence needing OpenXML).

获鱼,莫若获渔。

Sunday, August 12, 2012 3:02 AM

All replies

• just for clarification (I get confused). When you ask "I need to do the reverse, copy out of an application, and paste into Powerpoint " do you mean add to an existing package or add to a package currently opened in Powerpoint? I think this might be important because I suspect that once Powerpoint has control of the document it is read-only to other applications until it closes it.

al

If this answer solves your problem, please check Mark as Answered. If this answer helps, please click the Vote as Helpful button. Al Edlund Visio MVP

• Edited by Al Edlund Sunday, August 12, 2012 9:23 PM
    Sunday, August 12, 2012 9:21 PM
  • just for clarification (I get confused). When you ask "I need to do the reverse, copy out of an application, and paste into Powerpoint " do you mean add to an existing package or add to a package currently opened in Powerpoint? I think this might be important because I suspect that once Powerpoint has control of the document it is read-only to other applications until it closes it.

No, my meaning("do the reverse") is that copy my application's object to the clipboard and paste to Powerpoint. At present, copying Powerpoint's object(shape, image, etc.) to my application is OK. Thanks!

获鱼,莫若获渔。

Monday, August 13, 2012 1:13 AM
  • Hi Dirk,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

that copy my application's object to the clipboard and paste to Powerpoint.

I think you need clarify your scenario which I blockquoted. It's hard to approach if you mean that you want to export some presentation document's content to clipboard and paste it to another presentation which you opened.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Monday, August 13, 2012 6:55 AM