JavaScript critical error at line 1, column 11 in ms-appx://myfile.js.map\n\nSCRIPT1004: Expected ';'

Question

• my project uses typescript, and running on VS 2013 update 2, and recently I upgraded to VS 2013 update 4, and ever since, I started getting an error with the following message -

JavaScript critical error at line 1, column 11 in ms-appx://myfile.js.map\n\nSCRIPT1004: Expected ';'

my project uses chai assertion library and mocha test framework, and throws this error until it iterates over all map files and then bail out finally.

Seems like for whatever reason there seems to be some issue with map file, anyone come across similar issue? any help

Regards, Rv.

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 7:25 PM

Answers

• Updating to TypeScript 1.3 helped with the issue.

Regards, Rv.

Monday, December 8, 2014 7:24 PM

All replies

• Hi Ravindra,

Means you can works fine with VS2013.2 but after upgrade to VS2013.4, some problem exist?

I cannot provide more specific suggestions on that, but I think you would like to try fix the Visual Studio or reinstall Update 4 to see if it works.

If you think its a Visual Studio issue, you could also contact us via Connect: http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Wednesday, November 26, 2014 5:16 AM
  • James, yes, the issue is on VS2013 Update4. I am working off of two different systems, just to avoid such issues (and I did come across an issue with upgrading VS2013 update 2 to Update4), however in this case it's a fresh system with a fresh installation of VS2013 Update4.

Though I said upgrade, I meant a clean install, as a workaround I disabled *.js.map file generation, and its going well, however I wouldn't want that as a long term solution, just to unblock with my current activity.

Regards, Rv.

Wednesday, November 26, 2014 6:40 AM
  • Monday, December 1, 2014 4:53 PM
  • Ricky, it's the same question (I posted here) on the wrong forum (and thanks to MS reporting site, which itself is a bug since it reverted to C# forum rather than TS forum where it should have been).

I would really appreciate if you'd have checked the other post before proposing that as an answer. Also, if there is a way to delete that post, that would be good.

Regards, Rv.

Monday, December 1, 2014 7:03 PM
  • Updating to TypeScript 1.3 helped with the issue.

Regards, Rv.

Monday, December 8, 2014 7:24 PM