How can I load/open pdf within richtext box editor RRS feed

• Question

• User274945339 posted

Hi,

Please suggest me , how to implement loading/ opening a pdf file with in the richtext box editor in Asp.net MVC. I have implemented the simple richtextbox editor which is capable to open a plain/ word text and save it to any format but this is not my requirement. I basically want to open a pdf file with in the richtext box editor  and then edit it and save with the same format.

so please help me in implementing this code.

Thanks

Monday, September 25, 2017 10:44 AM

Answers

• User-335504541 posted

Hi shaik,

You can't import PDF files to Richtextbox controls as the .Net Framework has no native support for PDF files.

In order to load PDF content you should firstly convert it to HTML/XHTML and after that load it.

Best Regards,

Billy

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, September 26, 2017 7:41 AM

All replies

• User-335504541 posted

Hi shaik,

You can't import PDF files to Richtextbox controls as the .Net Framework has no native support for PDF files.

In order to load PDF content you should firstly convert it to HTML/XHTML and after that load it.

Best Regards,

Billy

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, September 26, 2017 7:41 AM
  • User274945339 posted

Hi Billy,

Thanks for the response dear. as according to my requirement this was need to be done but now after thoroughly trying it to implement looks in vain, but rather as you said will try to do it to make near to the requirement.

Thanks & Regards,

Shaik Akram

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 8:29 AM