Deleting Hotmail Contacts RRS feed

• Question

• In my hotmail account it won't let me delete ANY of my contacts. I select one, press Delete, and it comes up with the message: Are you sure you want to delete the selected items(s)?. I click (OK) and it refreshes, with the contact still there, undeleted, no matter what I do. Can anyone help me please?
    Thursday, February 16, 2006 10:47 AM

Answers

• try submitting a ticket to hotmail using the help feature...
    Friday, February 17, 2006 2:10 AM

All replies

• try submitting a ticket to hotmail using the help feature...
    Friday, February 17, 2006 2:10 AM
  • I am having exactly the same problems. It is a real pain in the a@@ as I accidentally saved a whole load of random email addresses into my address book by mistake! Did you have any joy sorting it out?
    Wednesday, March 8, 2006 3:23 PM
  • Hi! I'm also having the same problem and am getting the same error message. very annoying isn't it.

I have sent a couple of requests via the help page but no reply!

Would love to hear any suggestions as to how to fix.

Thursday, March 9, 2006 10:49 PM
  • This has been an issue for me for months- I recently submitted a ticket to support but haven't heard anything.  does anyone know of any progress or if MSN have even acknowledged this lack of functionality???
    Tuesday, March 14, 2006 4:21 AM
  • Try this one:

close all windows programs:
    -internet explorer
    -msn

Browse with mozilla firefox and go to contacts and delete your selected contacts. It will work!
    Friday, March 24, 2006 9:07 AM
  • You are a star- thanks a lot!  I can confirm this works.

You're a lot quicker off the mark than MSN support.....
    Monday, March 27, 2006 1:57 AM
  •  

Hey Peter,

Great solution hitting straight the target.  I appreciate it.

Cheers,

Kanaiya

Monday, March 27, 2006 11:16 PM
  • I've been having much the same problem and couldn't download the mozilla firefox.  But if you click on the address you wish to delete, then select edit, you can then delete from this window.  Good luck!
    Sunday, April 2, 2006 1:16 AM
  • um i know this isnt the same subject, but i've been trying to delete my hotmail account for some time now, and it keeps telling me that i have one or more paid subscriptions that i need to cancel to transfer... but my hotmail account is a free one, so i have no idea what they are talking about. i really would like to delete this account now, does anyone know how i can do that??
    • Proposed as answer by tootsie roll Sunday, October 4, 2009 6:51 PM
    Tuesday, August 1, 2006 6:09 PM
  • you are a rock star. i have tried for days to get this to work. it is so stupid that it works with one browser and not another. thank you soooooo much for this tip
    Monday, October 29, 2012 10:40 PM