none
How to limit bandwidth in a ndis light weight filter driver? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am working in a ndis filter driver based on the Ndislwf sample. 

The task is to limit outgoing/incoming bandwidth of client devices

My questions:

1. Can ndis filter driver do this task? If yes, how?

2. Is there a sample I can learn from?

Friday, June 20, 2014 7:26 AM

Answers

• This is certainly possible, since the OS's built-in QoS technology uses an NDIS filter driver. (Look for the PSCHED aka PACER aka QOS driver.)

But... have you tried using the OS's built-in QoS technology?  Maybe you can build a solution using the built-in driver, without having to build your own driver.  Start with the New-NetQosPolicy cmdlet.

Monday, June 23, 2014 8:14 PM

All replies

• This is certainly possible, since the OS's built-in QoS technology uses an NDIS filter driver. (Look for the PSCHED aka PACER aka QOS driver.)

But... have you tried using the OS's built-in QoS technology?  Maybe you can build a solution using the built-in driver, without having to build your own driver.  Start with the New-NetQosPolicy cmdlet.

Monday, June 23, 2014 8:14 PM

Thanks for your answer. 

However, I doubt the built-in Qos can be applied for the forwarded traffic. According to Qos documents, it seems only can be applied to local traffic. 

Is there a sample code of Qos?

Tuesday, June 24, 2014 8:39 AM