Time Tracker - With Visual Studio 2005 Standard (Beta 2) RRS feed

• Question

• User1587265889 posted

[:S] Like others I'm having problems installing Time Tracker, but with Standard Edition, (not Web Developer). Having installed the .vsi file on trying to create a new WebSite Time Tracker is not shown as a template. Ideas anyone ?

I have verified the file exists. Post installation the file is:

"C:\Documents and Settings\david\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Templates\ProjectTemplates\Visual Web Developer\TimeTracker.zip"

I have Checked Visual Studio Options, the value under "Projects and Solutions","General","Visual Studio user Project Templates Location:" is

"C:\Documents and Settings\david\my documents\visual studio 2005\templates\projecttemplates"

Should the Visual Studio options be configured differently ? Should the .zip be re-named to .vsi ?

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Regards, David

Tuesday, May 3, 2005 7:27 AM

All replies

• User-1437454875 posted

Hi,

I had a similar problem & having never used any .net product or programmed in anyway I thought it was a lost cause...

I had the file in the correct directory but could find no way of VS2005 express edition to launch it....

I finally got it sorted by realising it was a C# project....

File -> New website

Change the language from VB.net to C# and it appears in the templates area as if by magic....

Hope this helps anybody, took me a few days to figure it out.....

[:S]

Thanks

Brett

Tuesday, May 10, 2005 7:27 AM
  • User1587265889 posted
    Thanks for the info Brett, I guessed it must be something obvious.

Cheers, David

Vega Solutions
    Friday, May 27, 2005 4:17 AM