C#.net code for Send SMS to another mobile number and Receive or Capture Delivered Message in Windows Phone 8. RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Sir/Madam,

Please give me sample C#.net code or url for "C#.net code for Send SMS to another mobile number and Receive or Capture Delivered Message in Windows Phone 8".

I am using this code for Send SMS.

SmsComposeTask SMSCompose = new SmsComposeTask();
                SMSCompose.To = "8500271129";
                SMSCompose.Body = phoneNumber;
                SMSCompose.Show();

But I don't Know Captured that receive Delivered Message.

Thanks & Regards,

SrinivaaS.

Monday, January 20, 2014 5:40 AM

All replies

• There is no way to capture incoming SMS messages or receive confirmation of successful sending of SMS messages.  You are limited to the SMSCompose task for SMS interaction.
    • Proposed as answer by eagle_phoenix2 Monday, September 1, 2014 10:01 PM
    Monday, January 20, 2014 8:08 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks to this reply,

How can i know sms delivered report. In case user send the sms to another mobile, then there is no money in that windows phone device.How can we know that delivered report that message send or not?

Please tell me anyone.

Thanks & Regards,

SrinivaaS.

Monday, January 20, 2014 8:53 AM

• How can i know sms delivered report. In case user send the sms to another mobile, then there is no money in that windows phone device.How can we know that delivered report that message send or not?

There is no way to do that.  The SMSComposeTask opens the Send/Don't send dialog box and the user can choose to send or not send.  Your application will get no feedback on if they chose send or don't send.  Of course, that means you also do not get a "SMS delivered," "SMS unable to be delivered," "SMS pending." etc. message back.  

If you are wanting more information feedback, then you will need to send an SMS via a web service.  Of course that web service will not have the phone number of the user sending the SMS unless they entered that somewhere in your application.

Monday, January 20, 2014 11:42 AM