none
Save As CSV only using format of date RRS feed

• Question

• I am saving a .xlsx file as .csv.

The date portion does not appear iin the .csv.

The cell contains MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM AM/PM but is formatted HH:MM AM/PM.

Is there a way around this without chaning format?

TIA

Friday, February 27, 2015 5:55 PM

Answers

• Hi A Guy Named Kim,

I did a quick test but failed to reproduce the issue. Are you developing with code? If yes, I suggest that you check whether the format save correct when you save the workbook manually.

If not, I suggest that you update and repair the Office to see whether the issue was fixed.

Also I suggest that you reopen a new thread in Excel IT Pro Discussions forum to get more effective response for the end-user issue.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, March 2, 2015 6:24 AM

All replies

• Well, you can try to change the format of the cell.  The data won't change; the format is the way the data is rendered.

You can also try something like this.

Sub SaveIt()
    Dim dt As String, wbNam As String

wbNam = "Apple_"
    dt = Format(CStr(Now), "MM/DD/YYYY")
    ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= wbNam & dt
    End Sub

Knowledge is the only thing that I can give you, and still retain, and we are both better off for it.

Friday, February 27, 2015 10:22 PM
  • Hi A Guy Named Kim,

I did a quick test but failed to reproduce the issue. Are you developing with code? If yes, I suggest that you check whether the format save correct when you save the workbook manually.

If not, I suggest that you update and repair the Office to see whether the issue was fixed.

Also I suggest that you reopen a new thread in Excel IT Pro Discussions forum to get more effective response for the end-user issue.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, March 2, 2015 6:24 AM