Application not working after autoscaling RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, We have our application written in .net core 3.1 We have hosted our application in App Service and configured auto-scale on app service plan. 3 to 4 application sharing the app service plan. Once auto scale happened only one application is going down rest of the application are working fine. The application that is going down doesn't seem to respond to health check and the application is down. In the application insights or in the application requests there are no error. After we restarted the affected application everything back to normal. When I checked the application state during that time using "Diagnose and solve problems" Here is what its shown. since there is no error logged or the request calls only not made to the application

HTTP Server Errors from FrontEnd only detected

<markdown _ngcontent-app-id-c34="" _nghost-app-id-c10="" class="ng-tns-c34-1" style="box-sizing:border-box;">Front End in Azure App Service is a layer seven-load balancer, acting as a proxy, distributing incoming HTTP requests between different applications and their respective Workers. Web Workers are the backbone of the App Service scale unit and they run your application code. The below table shows all the errors that were logged on the FrontEnd only.</markdown>

Monday, May 11, 2020 3:02 PM

All replies

• Hi Hsakarp,

Were there any errors in the table that were logged by the FrontEnd load balancer?

Thanks in advance, Ryan

Monday, May 11, 2020 4:35 PM
  • I think I missed those in my question. Infra set up is Traffic manager -> App Gateway -> App Service. Is there something with the App Gateway I need to check. because as soon as the auto scale happened the app service became unhealthy in the App Gateway.
    Tuesday, May 12, 2020 6:40 AM
  • Can you email us at AzCommunity[at]microsoft[dot]com ATTN Ryan so we can take a closer look. Please include your subscription id along with the name of the app service that's failing when the App Gateway begins to scale out.

Thanks in advance, Ryan

Tuesday, May 12, 2020 3:17 PM