none
Get all user entries in GAL RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I am developing an application against O365 both on mobile and pc. Now we have a requirement - need load all user entries in GAL. After trying several solutions found in google, all are failed. Here is what we do:

1. try Search command via ActiveSync - only return the users match the query string and can't get all users in the organization.

2. try FindPeople operation via EWS - same as above

My question is: do we have any API to get all the users in the GAL? or a method to download the copy via HTTP?

I logged into office 365 with my account and observed how the web page loads the directory/offline GAL, is there a way to do like what the webpage does?

Thanks in advance for any comments.

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 3:03 AM

All replies

• You'd normally used LDAP to get the GAL. Trouble is, I don't think O365 offers LDAP, although I could be wrong (since I don't use O365).

If there is a web page that shows you the GAL in O365, you could try scraping the HTML source. But that's a solution that generally requires some ongoing maintenance (to make sure it still works). It may be acceptable for an in-house app, but not for something you'd hope to sell, since it will break sooner or later. Usually sooner.

blog.leederbyshire.com

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 10:52 AM