Unable to install SQL Express 2017 - "The login is from an untrusted domain and cannot be used with integrated authentication" RRS feed

• Question

• Hey everyone,

I am trying get get one of my users setup with SQL Express 2017, as we need it for one of our pieces of software. I have set the authentication to "mixed mode" and am using the users domain account as one of the SQL admin accounts (I've done this many times for my other users without issue). For whatever reason, the install will nearly complete before shooting me the error " "The login is from an untrusted domain and cannot be used with integrated authentication". I've ripped everything related to SQL out of the users system and have reattempted to install about 8 times now and continue to get that error.

I've confirmed that she's on the domain and everything. I'm not sure why I'm having so much trouble with this but any advice is appreciated. 

Friday, June 12, 2020 4:32 PM

All replies

• Services Engine and Agent now I run as Local System.

It is possible to use your manual tip after installing SQL Server?
    So create user SQLEngine and add them permissions and then assign this user to login service ?

Will it be enough or do I even set file permissions to folders, SQL SERVER
    (Which is created during classic installation).

Friday, June 12, 2020 6:33 PM
  • kindly check out put of following command

C:\Windows>whoami

Above use should in administrator group in server.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/37872.sql-server-installation-on-centos-linux.aspx

• Proposed as answer by MIAOYUXI Friday, June 19, 2020 3:39 AM
    Sunday, June 14, 2020 1:10 AM
  • Hi Jahmeanne,

Do you have the same issue if you install with windows mode?

1.Add the account into the local Administrator Group as next:

2.Reboot your DC controller and restart your local PC and sql server and try again;

Hope this could be helpful!

Looking forward to your response!

Best Regards.

m

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to  MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

• Proposed as answer by MIAOYUXI Friday, June 19, 2020 3:39 AM
    Monday, June 15, 2020 2:06 AM
  • Hi Jahmeanne,

Is the reply helpful?

Do you solve the issue?

Best Regards.

m

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to  MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, June 16, 2020 1:06 AM