none
Accessing Azure Storage

Question

• I am new to Azure.  I have cereated a Storage and a VM.  I can see both in the list of All Items.  I have also installed CloudBerry for Azure on that VM and on the server from which I want to transfer the files.  I need to have a Folder inetpub to put all my website folders there and a folder for all my SQL databases.  Just like on a normal server, if you have an E: drive and you create folders tat contain other folders and files.  I am looking for documentation that walks me through this process.
    Thursday, May 7, 2015 7:05 PM

Answers

All replies

• Please confirm that all you want to do is just to create a E:\Drive in your Azure VM and transfer files from your On-premise Server to Azure VM.  And in the E:\ drive you want to have two folders one for websites & other for SQL database.

Regards,
    Manu

Thursday, May 7, 2015 7:22 PM
  • Thst is absolutely correct.  Maybe other folders as well.
    Thursday, May 7, 2015 7:34 PM
    • Marked as answer by EsmailS Friday, May 8, 2015 6:28 PM
    Friday, May 8, 2015 5:26 PM
  • Thanks Mustafa.  I am starting to go through these 2 sites you provided.

And by the way, since you are so good in responding & providing answers, I have subitted another thread about Reserved Public IP Address!

Friday, May 8, 2015 5:36 PM
  • Dear Mustafa,

It worked like a charm!  Now I have Drive F: (500 GB) showing in Computer window!

Thank you!

Friday, May 8, 2015 6:27 PM
  • And for transferring files, you can just RDP to machine and do regular copy/paste from On-premise machine to Azure VM.

Also, you can share your local machine drive as a network share drive in your Azure VM and transfer all data to your E: drive. Refer: http://www.ms4u.info/2014/03/how-to-transfer-files-to-virtual.html

Regards,

Manu

Friday, May 8, 2015 6:40 PM
  • I need to transfer files from my current server to the VM.  I have installed Cloudberry on both of them.  I guess I can use that as well to transfer the files, right?

Friday, May 8, 2015 7:18 PM
  • Sure you can but what Manu is saying is that you don't need any additional tools. All you have to do is to make RDP connection from your server to Azure VM and copy/paste data you need.

Mustafa Toroman

Friday, May 8, 2015 7:43 PM
  • Yes, you can use Cloudberry or CloudXplorer to transfer data to Azure. However, as Mustafa said, I just suggested a method which doesn't require any additional tools.

Depending on your comfort level, you may use any tools you want.

Regards,
    Manu

Friday, May 8, 2015 7:56 PM
  • I agree.  I already tried thru RDP.  But here is the problem:

On this site (link was provided) http://www.ms4u.info/2014/03/how-to-transfer-files-to-virtual.html, it talks about setting access to local drives on the remote computer by editing settings in Enhanced Session Mode of RDP in Windows 2012.  For certain reasons, I am using Windows 2008 Ent R2.  There are 2 checkboxes one for Clipboard and one for Printers.  There is no option to make local drives available!

Any suggestions?

Friday, May 8, 2015 8:14 PM
  • I found a way to do it through RDP.  But it is extremely slow.

I think I am going to install FileZilla and do it through FTP>

Friday, May 8, 2015 9:22 PM
  • Sure, you can use FTP for faster file transfer purpose.

Regards,
    Manu

Monday, May 11, 2015 11:37 AM