none
HP 1522 scanner program not installing on server 2008 RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to install the scanning program of HP 1522 multifunction laserjet printer/scanner on the server running windows server 2008 but no success.  HP says they are currently not supporting Server 2008. Can someone advise me on how to go about solving this compatibility problem.

Saturday, May 31, 2008 7:16 AM

Answers

• Hi,

As per my knowledge, if HP says that product is not supported on Server 2008 then nothing much can be done here.

Thanks.

Monday, June 2, 2008 8:11 PM
  • The accepted standard solution for using any kind of document scanner with Terminal Server (including server 2003, server 2008, as well as Citrix and other RDP and ICA networks), is the third party product  RemoteScan, which has been around since 2003. HP vendors, as well as most EMR and document management software suppliers also recommend RemoteScan products. Do a Google search for  "Remote Scan"

Sunday, June 8, 2008 4:05 PM

All replies

• Hi,

As per my knowledge, if HP says that product is not supported on Server 2008 then nothing much can be done here.

Thanks.

Monday, June 2, 2008 8:11 PM
  • The accepted standard solution for using any kind of document scanner with Terminal Server (including server 2003, server 2008, as well as Citrix and other RDP and ICA networks), is the third party product  RemoteScan, which has been around since 2003. HP vendors, as well as most EMR and document management software suppliers also recommend RemoteScan products. Do a Google search for  "Remote Scan"

Sunday, June 8, 2008 4:05 PM
  • Paint program !!!   In a pinch, I reverted back to using the Paint program!  (found under programs -> accessories).  I hadn't needed Paint since win 98 but came in handy when scanning with my HP F4135 model.  If you really need to install the HP software... I'd guess it's checking the registry for the operating system name and I suppose you could hack your registry to fool the HP software... but at what cost?   Just make a good backup of the registry.

Thursday, April 30, 2009 1:37 AM