Capturing digitizer device information RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody,

I really need your help.

I'm about to write an application which needs to connect to an external digitizer (through USB) and capture its data constantly, and finally writes the data to a file. The data I'm interested is x,y coordinates, pressure and exact time of each touch.

Later I might want to draw the input data in a nice form, maybe in real time.

I've started to look how it supposed to be done and got a bit confused. Two classes I read about that are used for working with digitizers are InkCollector and RealTimeStylus. What are the differences between them, and which one should I use in this case?

Also, I wasn't able to understand how do I actually connect to the digitizer using these classes. I get that there is a Tablet class which represents a stylus input device such as the digitizer I need, but in which point the Tablet class and InkCollector/RealTimeStylus classes connect to one another? And how do I know that a packet received by InkCollector/RealTimeStylus is a packet from my specific connected digitizer?

Thanks in advance,

Avner

Saturday, November 2, 2013 10:07 PM

Answers

• Hello,

>>What are the differences between them?

As far as I know, InkCollector represents the object that is used to capture ink from available tablet devices.

For “RealTimeStylus”, it is used to provide access to the stylus events coming from the hardware. The RealTimeStylus class controls the flow of ink going to an ink collector.

>> I wasn't able to understand how I actually connect to the digitizer using these classes

Please have a look at the sample below:

http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/46281/Digitizer-interface-in-C-using-VBTablet

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, November 5, 2013 8:18 AM