locked
Xamarin build error RRS feed

  • Question

  • User316225 posted

    I have installed Visual studio 2017 community edition .I selected xamarin developement.I just created project as follows

    In visual C#,Cross Plateform -> Cross Platform Apps or Native->Blank APP .UI technology Xamarin forms option And Portable Class Library.And Just build project.I Get following error.Please let me know If any nuget package needs to be updated,Or what else shold I do?.I need answer as early as possible.I am getting following error.I want to learn xamarin.

    Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State Warning IDE0006 Error encountered while loading the project. Some project features, such as full solution analysis for the failed project and projects that depend on it, have been disabled. Hello.Android

    Tuesday, April 11, 2017 7:29 AM

All replies

  • User331245 posted

    Took me a bit to fix this issue for myself but let me inform you on what I did, It may or may not fix it unfortunately.

    If you click the error text it contains a hyperlink to Microsoft's website to try and fix the issue using logs.

    I tried this and didn't really get any further. So I did 2 things. I first went to the Microsoft Visual Studio installer and then clicked the repair option. Then I turned off Hyper-V. I saw on a forum about hyper-v causing this issue so that should be your first thing to try. To turn off hyper-v go to the search bar on your windows system and search for hyper-v, or go to "Turn windows features on and of" in the control panel.

    I did have an issue with turning off hyper-v apparently and found yet another forum saying that I might have a virtualized network adapter disabled, turned out I had 2 yet I could not enable them. I then performed a network reset and when I rebooted my computer and connected to the network I created a brand new app and it had a successful build and deploy on the emulator

    Sunday, June 18, 2017 1:35 AM
  • User331245 posted

    UPDATE:

    Ended up getting the error again last night. I switched which type of emulator I was using. The standard emulator that starts up works but not any of my emulators that I had previously used in android studios.

    I tinkered around and it seems as if you can only use a certain amount of RAM on the emulators, 768mb.

    Sunday, June 18, 2017 7:06 PM
  • User316225 posted

    Actually after updating Android SDK my problem got solved

    Monday, June 19, 2017 9:34 AM