VS 2013 to VS 2015 Upgrade issues RRS feed

• Question

• Good day,

I decided to take the plunge yesterday and I downloaded Windows 10.  I also installed VS 2015, and left 2013 installed.

I am now having issues with a few solution files for my work that were not present before, but mainly the largest one is that the Simulator for Windows 8.1 apps is messed up.

I have a WebAPI, a WPF Desktop, and an 8.1 RT app.  I used to be able to talk from 8.1 app to the WPF via the SignalR client in the WebAPI.

I just confirmed that it still work son my 8.1 box at work, but in my home dev environment, with Windows 10, my 8.1 app can send messages TO the WPF client through the API, but the WPF application can NOT send anything.

I inserted a break point to see if the messages were even being passed (I'm using MVVM Light) to the Main View Model, to then be sent to the hub, and nothing is landing in there.  None of the logging is being touched either.

Did something happen with the Messaging in Windows 10 itself?  I tried running all of this in VS 2013 Pro on my Win10 pc.

It's even worse when I try to run all 3 in VS 2015..  The WebAPI can't be found now... I get 404 errors when I try to access it via the browser and by connecting the 8.1 app or the WPF app to it.

Any thoughts?  Has the Messenger stuff been messed with?  Did Windows 10 or VS 2015 turn something off that was previously on?  Is there a known issue with the 8.1 SDK and running it on Windows 10?

Thursday, July 30, 2015 10:33 PM

Answers

• Hi Joshua,

Could you please share me a screen shot about your project under the Solution Explorer windows?

In addition, I suggest you could try to create a simple similar solution from VS2015 on Windows 10 machine and then check this issue.

Or you could try to install this VS2013 with Update 5 and then build your project in VS2013 again.

After you ensure this project works fine in VS2013, please try to open this project from VS2015 check this issue again.

Please share me more message about your issue, we will further help you support it.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by Tina-Shi Thursday, August 6, 2015 11:48 AM
    • Marked as answer by Tina-Shi Friday, August 7, 2015 12:06 PM
    Friday, July 31, 2015 10:48 AM