found the bug regarding "MDS Domain-Based Attributes in Excel" and “DomainEntity2345ljh234j5h2….” RRS feed

• Question

• Hi MDS Team,

The formula text on the DBA ListColumn Range.Validation is wrong. You use “DomainEntity2345ljh234j5h2….” As formula but you need to use “=DomainEntity2345ljh234j5h2….”

Friday, May 19, 2017 10:04 AM

All replies

• Do you mean "the bug" or "a bug"? The difference is that "the bug" implies something that is already known to exist, in which case it would help to explicitly state what it is that you are implying. If you are saying you found a bug, note that this is not Microsoft; Microsoft representatives do read these threads eventually but they will just say to report the problem elsewhere. If this is a programming question then you can, within Visual Studio, try using "Help" | "Send Feedback" | "Report a Problem...". I am not sure if it is the same for VS 2017. In VS 2015, when you do that, the report is submitted but then we never see it again so I don't know what happens to it. You should look for other ways to report problems.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Friday, May 19, 2017 9:08 PM
  • yes your are right. connect.microsoft.com is the better place to send bug reports.

this bug has been discussed in detail in:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/7398e54a-70bd-4a83-b004-bd1381d6bfa1/mds-domainbased-attributes-in-excel?forum=sqlmds

and i tried to send more details to sqlmdsfeedback@microsoft.com but this account does not work anymore. This is a really annoying bug. I was happy to read that it is solved in SQL2016 SP1CU3 but it is not. Now i found out in detail what the problem is and how MS can solve it.  I hope it gets fixed soon.

Saturday, May 20, 2017 12:17 PM