Expression Blend 3 RC Trial Expired RRS feed

• Question

• I'm not able to look at the new features of Blend 3 RC as it immediately said the trial had expired when I ran it.  This must be to do with the fact that I have had a blend 2 trial previously.  I currently do run blend 2 fully registered.

Is there any way I can get into the blend 3 RC?

Thanks in advance,
    John.
    • Edited by JohnDB Wednesday, July 15, 2009 12:45 PM
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 12:45 PM

Answers

• Hi Adrian,

I've actually managed to sort the problem out since you replied.  I can't tell you what the solution is exactly but basically I had uninstalled Blend 3 RC, and then uninstalled Silverlight 2 and the Silverlight 2 SDK (which was prompted by the install of Silverlight 3).

After your reply I decided to try and install Blend 3 RC again, and now I can get in (it shows 54 days remaining).

Thanks for getting back to me.

Regards,
    John.
    • Marked as answer by JohnDB Friday, July 17, 2009 8:21 AM
    Friday, July 17, 2009 7:53 AM

All replies

• Hi John,

I am really sorry to hear that you are having errors with the Blend RC. Could you answer to a few questions that may help us investigate the issue?

Were you able to run Blend 3 at least once after you installed it? Did you adjust the computer's clock/date since you installed Blend 3? If your BIOS battery is weak, the system clock may reset by itself. Changes to the system date may cause product expiration.

Thanks,
    Adrian

Thursday, July 16, 2009 11:35 PM
  • Hi Adrian,

I've actually managed to sort the problem out since you replied.  I can't tell you what the solution is exactly but basically I had uninstalled Blend 3 RC, and then uninstalled Silverlight 2 and the Silverlight 2 SDK (which was prompted by the install of Silverlight 3).

After your reply I decided to try and install Blend 3 RC again, and now I can get in (it shows 54 days remaining).

Thanks for getting back to me.

Regards,
    John.
    • Marked as answer by JohnDB Friday, July 17, 2009 8:21 AM
    Friday, July 17, 2009 7:53 AM