none
Entity Framework 4.3.1 in Existing database RRS feed

• Question

• I'm  looking to implement entity framework version 4.3.1 in my existing project which don't follow this EF.The database is already developed and is currently used applying ado.net.In this case how do I start with to work on EF, is it Database First,Code first.

Thursday, April 11, 2013 2:48 PM

Answers

• Hi SQLProgramming;

To your question, "how do I start with to work on EF, is it Database First,Code first.", seeming that the database is already in place I would use database first approach.

Fernando (MCSD)

If a post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and "Mark as Helpful".

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Thursday, April 11, 2013 3:07 PM

All replies

• Hi SQLProgramming;

To your question, "how do I start with to work on EF, is it Database First,Code first.", seeming that the database is already in place I would use database first approach.

Fernando (MCSD)

If a post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and "Mark as Helpful".

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Thursday, April 11, 2013 3:07 PM
  • Hi,

As @Fernando said, you should use Darabase First approach.

Here you have a Get Started sample from msdn.

Regards.

Please remember to Vote & "Mark As Answer" if this post is helpful to you.
    Por favor, recuerda Votar y "Marcar como respuesta" si la solución de esta pregunta te ha sido útil.

Thursday, April 11, 2013 3:17 PM