none
MySQL Community Server 5.5.8

Question

• Hello

I have just installed the Panel without any probs.  However I have downloaded and installed MySQL Community Server 5.5.8

When I go to add this to the server via the Panel it shows a provider of 5.0 and 5.1 / Of course if try to use either of these it then fails.

Can someone please help on how I can resolve this.

Many thanks for your time.

Thursday, December 23, 2010 5:43 PM

All replies

• I got exactly the same thing myself. I wonder if we can trick it by installing 5.5.8 into the expected folder of C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1?

If it was linux it could probably be fixed by a simple symbolic link.

I wonder if there will be an update to website panel soon to add support for mysql 5.5.8?

Friday, December 24, 2010 10:13 AM
  • Well, so much for the symbolic links idea. I actually figured out how to make a symbolic link (junction) on my server 2003 database server, but I still got the

"The expected version of the software is not found on your server." Error.

You can try it yourself, but I think the WSP code may actually be querying the server for the version.

For server 2003 I used Link Shell Extension to create the link. If you have a later version, you mah have the MKLINK.exe command.

Friday, December 24, 2010 10:51 AM
  • This is to do with looking up in the registry. At present the DLL looks under HKEY LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\MySQL AB\MySQL Server 5.1 or 5.0  and of course it sees 5.5 hence why it fails.  Trying to resolve.
    Friday, December 24, 2010 11:18 AM
  • Well while I was playing around, I went looking in the database that WSP uses and saw the 2 entries for 5.0 and 5.1. So I thought I would just duplicate the existing records and modify for 5.5. All I managed to do was get 5.5 listed as an option for service provider, but then when you actually try to add the service it spits out a nice error.

Page URL:  http://x.x.x.x:9001/Default.aspx?pid=Servers&mid=133&ctl=edit_service&ServiceID=12&ServerID=3  
    Logged User:  serveradmin  
    Work on Behalf:  serveradmin  
    Hosting Space:  0  
    Stack Trace:  System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> Can not create 'MySQL Server 5.5' provider instance with 'WebsitePanel.Providers.Database.MySqlServer55, WebsitePanel.Providers.Database.MySQL' type ---> Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: type
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
    at WebsitePanel.Providers.ServiceProvider.Install()
    at WebsitePanel.EnterpriseServer.esServers.InstallService(Int32 serviceId)
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
    at WebsitePanel.EnterpriseServer.esServers.InstallService(Int32 serviceId)
    at WebsitePanel.Portal.ServersEditService.btnUpdate_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Not sure if this could be considered progress or not. I think this means that there is a piece of code I am missing somewhere. (Duh)
    I may just undo whatever changes I made, and reinstall MySQL 5.1 and be done with it. I just hate having to be behind in versions.

Saturday, December 25, 2010 8:12 AM
  • Hello,

What happens if you install v5.1 and then upgrade to the latest?
    Will it still continue to run?

Kind Regards,
    raja

piraya
    Saturday, December 25, 2010 4:13 PM
  • I have the exact same issue. Fresh install of WSP 1.1 along with MySQL 5.5.8 + Connector/Net 6.3.5. When adding MySQL service to WSP, it returns The expected version of the software is not found on your server.

Developers can you please release a fix?

Sunday, December 26, 2010 10:43 PM
  • WebsitePanel requires MySQL.net data connector 6.2.3, You have to rollback to this version.
    Monday, December 27, 2010 1:18 PM
  • WebsitePanel requires MySQL.net data connector 6.2.3, You have to rollback to this version.

There are only Connector/Net 6.1.5 and 6.2.4 versions available for download on http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/net/

In any case, will installation of suggested Connector/Net solve the issue where WSP doesn't recognize MySQL 5.8.8 installed?

Monday, December 27, 2010 1:38 PM
  • No the correct connector will not help either unfortunately. The connector that you want is the 6.2.4 version though. And if you want it to just work relatively painlessly, install MySQL Community Server 5.1.54. If you start with that and then update it, it will then break it. So I would start with 5.1 with the 6.2.4 connector and then wait until there is an update / fix / workaround. Unless you are running a non production server and don't care if you can create or manage databases from within WSP.
    Monday, December 27, 2010 2:04 PM
  • Right all I have done is the following.

1. Downloaded and installed MySQL Community Server 5.5.8
    2. Downloaded and installed MySQL Connector 6.3.4 ( Link Here )
    3. Gone into Reg Edit and created a new key under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\MySQL AB - as follows...
    4. Export MySQL Server 5.5 key to desktop (highlight key then file, export, Selected branch)
    5. Open saved reg key on dektop with notepad and change line [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\MySQL AB\MySQL Server 5.5] and substitute the last 5 with a 1 (so reads [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\MySQL AB\MySQL Server 5.1] and save
    6. Just double click the key on the desktop and add / import into registry
    7. Hey presto all works (So there will be 2 keys now which are MySQL Server 5.1 pointing to 5.5 directory and MySQL Server 5.5 pointing to 5.5 directory
    8. Log into WSP and play

I have re-compiled a new MySQL DLL file which solves all of this BUT I don't think it is advisable to use at the moment (as you have to add a new record to the dbo.Providers table to allow a MySQL 5.5 provider) and as yet I don't know if this would break when an update is released soon (1.1.1.1) as I am not sure if they will do this anyway.

Monday, December 27, 2010 3:33 PM
  • Myself I was trying to create the table entries in dbo.Providers table, which did get the 5.5 entry added, but that's as far as it got.

My database installation is actually on a separate server. I will try your reg fix out and see if it does the trick. I will probably be doing all my MySQL management stuff with another application, but it is nice to have everything up to date and playing well together : )

Monday, December 27, 2010 3:54 PM
  • Or, it's open-source... you could do an SVN get from Sourceforge, and modify the 5.1 provider to work for 5.5 (which happens to be what I'm doing now). Avoids ugly hacks.

Watch this space for a patch sometime soon.

EDIT: Patch created and visible here . If you're comfortable with recompiling from source then:

1. Download the .cs file;
    2. Download source from Subversion (https://websitepanel.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/websitepanel)
    3. Place the .cs file into <wherever you downloaded the source code>\WebsitePanel\Trunk\Sources\WebsitePanel.Providers.Database.MySQL
    4. Open up WebsitePanel.Providers.Database.MySQL.csproj in Visual Studio, hit "Show All Files" in Solution Explorer, right-click on MySqlServer55.cs (which should have a white fuzzy icon) and click "Include in project".
    5. Right-click on the project and click Build (or press Ctrl+Shift+B).
    Otherwise, I'll post up a link to a compiled version shortly.
    • Edited by benjaminhowarth Thursday, January 06, 2011 11:01 PM added link to patch uploaded on sourceforge
    Thursday, January 06, 2011 10:37 PM
  • Or, it's open-source... you could do an SVN get from Sourceforge, and modify the 5.1 provider to work for 5.5 (which happens to be what I'm doing now). Avoids ugly hacks.

Watch this space for a patch sometime soon.

EDIT: Patch created and visible here . If you're comfortable with recompiling from source then:

1. Download the .cs file;
    2. Download source from Subversion (https://websitepanel.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/websitepanel)
    3. Place the .cs file into <wherever you downloaded the source code>\WebsitePanel\Trunk\Sources\WebsitePanel.Providers.Database.MySQL
    4. Open up WebsitePanel.Providers.Database.MySQL.csproj in Visual Studio, hit "Show All Files" in Solution Explorer, right-click on MySqlServer55.cs (which should have a white fuzzy icon) and click "Include in project".
    5. Right-click on the project and click Build (or press Ctrl+Shift+B).
    Otherwise, I'll post up a link to a compiled version shortly.

Hi

I Tried the steps to build but i m using VS 2008 So unable to build

can u provide compiled version ? Please upload .

I Also tried to see 1.1.1 code they aren't going to provide 5.5.8 support & i trasferrred all my dbs to 5.5.8 & unable to downgrade .

Thanks

Monday, January 17, 2011 7:00 PM
  • Hi there,

To prevent WSP Server from searching installed component on a server, you should add “DisableAutoDiscovery” flag manually its Web.config file as follows (see highlighted line):

Please, do not forget to save your changes.

Appreciate.

Please vote, if you find a post helpful! Appreciate.
    Tuesday, January 18, 2011 7:03 PM
    Owner

• Please vote, if you find a post helpful! Appreciate.
    Tuesday, January 18, 2011 7:11 PM
    Owner
  •  

Hi

I saw even after mysql is added it give errors  but i m unable to create db

"System.Exception: Exception of type 'System.Exception' was thrown."

Thanks

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 9:45 AM
  • Is there already an compiled version ?

Thanks

Thursday, January 27, 2011 4:52 PM
  • Any updates?

I don't this WSP should check for minor versions. Even my 8 year old Helm 3 install can handle MySQL 5.5.

Saturday, February 05, 2011 8:04 AM
  • Funny you say that because we are still using HELM 3 until we can get WSP on a stable setup.

Just as we think we got it going perfectly, i end up finding something breaking.

But it's pretty damn close to be rcok solid enough to replace out HELM 3.

Our only issue is really mySQL 5.1 (had to downgrade from 5.5 according to WSP) - issue with remote root@ does not have same privelages as localhost root@ - which changes in 5.1, they added something like event_priv and some other table where we have to change the value from N to Y

Even the exchange 2010 SP1 hosting mode went without a htich accept for 1 thing, if a user mis-types their exchange organization name and domain and decides to delete it and re-create, it won't let the user re-create it (although it does remove everything in AD)

and finally, SQL2000 does not work either.

other then that, it seems rock solid.  i've re-installed the entire solutions over 50 times in the last 3 months and have it running on 3 diffrenent blade environments.  but none are in production mode yet until the those 3 issues are fixed.

MattLok
    Monday, February 07, 2011 11:45 PM
  • ditto would like compiled version asap
    Saturday, February 19, 2011 9:12 AM
  • Hi!

I resolve this issue with those steps:

1. Download ...\WebsitePanel\Releases\1.1.0 folder from https://websitepanel.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/websitepanel (I use for it SVN )

2. In Visual Studio open solution D:\SVN\websitepanel\WebsitePanel\Releases\1.1.0\Sources\WebsitePanel.Server.sln (in my case)

3. Add file "MySqlServer55.cs" to "WebsitePanel.Providers.Database.MySQL" by right-click "Add > Existing Item..."

4. Right-click on "WebsitePanel.Providers.Database.MySQL" click "Build"

5. After that Studio build 3 files in "...\1.1.0\Sources\WebsitePanel.Server\Bin": WebsitePanel.Providers.Base.dll, WebsitePanel.Providers.Database.MySQL.dll, WebsitePanel.Server.Utils.dll

6. Copy this files to the temp directory on server where WebsitePanel is installed, after that you need to replace old files by new ones. In my case I find files need to replace in next dirs: C:\WebsitePanel\Enterprise Server\bin, C:\WebsitePanel\Portal\bin, C:\WebsitePanel\Server\bin

7. After that go to the SQL Server Management Studio and open WebsitePanel database (WebsitePanel by default)

8. Expand "Tables", open for edit table "Providers" (in SQL 2008R2 click "Edit Top 200 Rows")

9. Find row with display name "MySQL Server 5.1", select entire row (click the button on the left side to select entire row, like in Excel), click copy

10. Go to the end of table, select very last row in same manner and click "Paste"

11. Edit next fields in pasted row: "ProviderID" - change to any not used number (31 in my case), "DisplayName" - change to "MySQL Server 5.5", "ProviderType" - change to "WebsitePanel.Providers.Database.MySqlServer55, WebsitePanel.Providers.Database.MySQL"

12. After I restarted IIS where WebsitePanel lives, but don't know is it really needed...

13. Now on the WebsitePanel web site go to Server page and add "MySQL Server 5.5" to your server :)

Enjoy!

EDIT: You can find this files here: http://www.aurora.com.ua/software/websitepanel/websitepanel.110.mysqlfix.zip (remember, this files only for 1.1.0 version!)

Tuesday, March 01, 2011 3:00 PM
  • I just compiled using 1.1.1 and the 6.2.4 connector. It isn't working - getting the soap exception errors as usual. Very frustrating indeed.

Is there any chance of rolling out an official fix for this problem? Otherwise I will need to roll my database back to 5.1 to make this work...

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 4:23 AM
  • I just compiled using 1.1.1 and the 6.2.4 connector. It isn't working - getting the soap exception errors as usual. Very frustrating indeed.

Is there any chance of rolling out an official fix for this problem? Otherwise I will need to roll my database back to 5.1 to make this work...

Hi there,

Could you please advise what is the error message you are getting?

Thanks.

Please vote, if you find a post helpful! Appreciate.
    Monday, March 21, 2011 7:02 PM
    Owner
  • hey does anybody has a compiled version 1.1.2?
    Thursday, April 21, 2011 3:28 PM
  • Hello medicine worker,

have you maybe issues with deleting MySQL website just like it has been described (with proposed fix) here:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/wspsupport/thread/16993095-34b7-469e-b9c8-bcb476f85937

Thursday, May 26, 2011 6:50 PM
  • I just compiled a 1.1.2 version for MySql 5.5.8 with 6.3.6 connector. Everything seems to work, even deleting a database. Let me know if you need the dll.

Friday, June 17, 2011 4:17 PM
  • I'd be happy to test it out, I will send you a PM with info on a spot to upload. Or not. Can't seem to find a way to send a personal message in this forum.
    Tuesday, June 21, 2011 1:11 PM
  • DLLs for 1.1.2 with 6.3.7 connector as described by Anatolii above can be found here:

https://rapidshare.com/files/2607102400/WebsitePanel.Server.zip

• Proposed as answer by Sutter Benjamin Thursday, December 29, 2011 2:11 AM
    Saturday, July 02, 2011 4:06 PM
  • DLLs for 1.1.2 with 6.3.7 connector as described by Anatolii above can be found here:

https://rapidshare.com/files/2607102400/WebsitePanel.Server.zip

Also needed edit DB.

7. After that go to the SQL Server Management Studio and open WebsitePanel database (WebsitePanel by default)

8. Expand "Tables", open for edit table "Providers" (in SQL 2008R2 click "Edit Top 200 Rows")

9. Find row with display name "MySQL Server 5.1", select entire row (click the button on the left side to select entire row, like in Excel), click copy

10. Go to the end of table, select very last row in same manner and click "Paste"

11. Edit next fields in pasted row: "ProviderID" - change to any not used number (31 in my case), "DisplayName" - change to "MySQL Server 5.5", "ProviderType" - change to "WebsitePanel.Providers.Database.MySqlServer55, WebsitePanel.Providers.Database.MySQL"

12. After I restarted IIS where WebsitePanel lives, but don't know is it really needed...

13. Now on the WebsitePanel web site go to Server page and add "MySQL Server 5.5" to your server :)

Sunday, July 03, 2011 10:33 PM