Metro app (windows 8, winrt). Can I add new in-app purchase products after my application will available on Windows Store without updating application RRS feed

• Question

• I develop metro (windows 8, winrt) application for selling ebooks. I want to use Windows store as the payment processor to support Windows Store in-app purchases.

I am interested in next questions:

1. Can I add new in-app purchase products after my application will available on Windows Store without updating application? (Or I will always need to update app when create a new in-app purchase product ?)

2. Can I add new in-app purchase product programmatically (dynamically) to Windows Store in-app purchase products list?

3. If I will add 100 new books every day - I will need every day add 100 new in-app purchase products?

4. Is there limitation to count of in-app purchase products?

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 12:09 PM

Answers

• Hi lllya,

To add in-App purchases to your App, you will need to submit a new release to the Store. Any updates to Apps currently in the Store are also handled the same way.

Thanks

• Proposed as answer by mark_1h Thursday, September 20, 2012 2:35 PM
    • Marked as answer by mark_1h Wednesday, September 26, 2012 5:53 PM
    Wednesday, September 19, 2012 9:09 PM

All replies

• Hi lllya,

To add in-App purchases to your App, you will need to submit a new release to the Store. Any updates to Apps currently in the Store are also handled the same way.

Thanks

• Proposed as answer by mark_1h Thursday, September 20, 2012 2:35 PM
    • Marked as answer by mark_1h Wednesday, September 26, 2012 5:53 PM
    Wednesday, September 19, 2012 9:09 PM
  • I think a good solution is creating virtual money and to know if someone has bought it is put it in the dynamic local settings a mark like localsettings["bestseller"] = "bougth", you have only to get more money bougth in packets of coins.

The issue I do not know is if I can buy the same product (100 coins for instance) many times. I have just this doubt at this time.

Juan Pablo G.C. MAP 2010 MCTS

Sunday, October 7, 2012 10:44 AM
  • Hi Juan Pablo G.C. _,

have you found out how tobuy the same product many times? i am very interested in that.

thanks.

Friday, December 7, 2012 9:16 AM
  • Friday, December 7, 2012 7:48 PM