Pages won't display in Blend 2015 - Unhandled System.ArgumentNullException RRS feed

• Question

• My pages will display in VS 2015, but when I try to edit them in blend, the page displays for a split second and then I get an unhandled exception as follows:

System.ArgumentNullException

Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: type

I've tried cleaning and rebuilding the solution and I haven't been able to fix it.

Thursday, August 27, 2015 1:15 PM

All replies

• I also see this in the output window:

There was an exception when loading the design time assembly 'Microsoft.AdMediator.Windows81.Design.dll':
    Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: assembly

• Edited by AEON Soft Thursday, August 27, 2015 1:48 PM
    Thursday, August 27, 2015 1:30 PM
  • I'm getting the following error for other Windows Store apps:

"System.InvalidOperationException

Cannot add additional fields to a type that does not have a constructor"

No assistance from anyone at Microsoft?  So far Blend is completely unusable for any of my projects.  I don't understand why I can edit these files in the designer in VS 2015, but not in Blend 2015.

Tuesday, September 1, 2015 3:08 PM
  • Have you tried unloading the pages and reloading one by one to see if it is the xaml in one of the pages?
    Monday, September 7, 2015 5:16 PM
  • I am now seeing something similar to this just today.  Tried to clean everything and rebuild but no luck.

Did you find a solution?

Best regards.

Karhu Koti

Monday, September 14, 2015 7:18 PM
  • Nope.  No solution.  I'm just not using Blend.  Visual Studio can load and edit my pages and Blend can't, so we've come to the conclusion that Blend 2015 is an unsupported a piece of crap.
    • Edited by AEON Soft Wednesday, September 16, 2015 1:15 PM
    Wednesday, September 16, 2015 1:15 PM