none
Custom Print Properties. RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

I am developing V4 print Driver, I need to change the default Print Properties UI to a customized UI.

In v4 Printer development white paper print extension is available for Print preference and Print notification.

Can anyone tell me how to implement this?

Friday, April 25, 2014 10:40 AM

Answers

• Hi Prakash,

We don't support customizing the printer properties UI anymore in v4 print drivers. If you have special items you want to offer configuration options for, you should use the queue property bag. You can build an app that you send to customers that lets them edit the queue property bag, but we provide support for editing this with PowerShell already.

Thanks!

Justin

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 7:31 PM

All replies

• Hi Prakash,

We don't support customizing the printer properties UI anymore in v4 print drivers. If you have special items you want to offer configuration options for, you should use the queue property bag. You can build an app that you send to customers that lets them edit the queue property bag, but we provide support for editing this with PowerShell already.

Thanks!

Justin

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 7:31 PM
  • I have created Custom application for print properties, also I have created an context menu in printQueue to invoke this application. But I need to invoke this application only for my printer, currently I am using "PKEY_Devices_InterfacePaths" shellpKey but it returns only DeviceInterfaceId.

pls suggest me to get hardwareID or any to identify my printer.

Thanks,

Prakash

Wednesday, May 7, 2014 12:48 PM