task display form shows look up id RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have to create a look up field in my "collect data from user' form. I created a "Single line of text" field. Opened the infopth , changed the field to drop down list and mapped to a data connection with value "Id" and display name as"title". On clicking the task title, the task list shows the column value as an ID. when i click on edit item, it loads the value.

Ee.g. in display form i see the look up id for the field "colour" as "1", where as in the edit form , the see the look up value as "blue".

I need to display the vale "blue" in display and edit forms.

Do i need to create and map the Data conenction in some other way ?

Pleas help me at the earliest!! 

Monday, June 18, 2012 5:58 PM

All replies

• Hi meena.v

From your other questions, your workflow seems to be a SharePoint 2010 workflow, if so, i tried to reproduce it on my test environment, however everything works well.

You steps seems correct for it, I just change the text field to drop down list, create a data connect to receive data from SharePoint list, map the field value as ID, display name as Title. It shows title when edit the form, and the same when clicking the item to view it.

To narrow down this issue, please try to check your steps and field mapping, whether it is correct. Try to modify other task form to check whether the result is same. And provide a picture of the display form for better understanding.

Thanks,
    Qiao

Qiao Wei

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 9:36 AM
  • Hi,

I followed the same steps in my dev and in multiple environments. Also for different workflows too. Providing the snap shot below. I set the display form for this content type as "lists/listname/dispform.aspx".

Friday, June 22, 2012 11:02 AM