Having issues with VS Server Explorer viewing Azure Storage RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've been using VS server explorer pretty successfully for awhile. Recently (not sure of the exact point), the Azure storage portion started giving me trouble. It would not auto-populate with my storage account, and I now have to manually input the account name and key manually each time to get my storage to pop up. 

Also, I can no longer access any blobs via server explorer. It says invalid key - even though I can access via other means with the same account name and key. I have already tried making sure my computer has the correct time synced up. Are there any other steps I can try do fix this issue? For now I am using a third party client to perform blob admin operations, but it would be really convenient if I could continue to do so with VS server explorer.

Thanks,

Thomas

Saturday, September 27, 2014 6:52 PM

Answers

• Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your post.

I 'd like to suggest you can try to sing out and re-sign in the Azure server explore.

1.right click the Azure node on server explore.

2.Select "Connect to with Microsoft Azure " and then login using your account.

3.Make sure your select the right subscription.

4.If storage list didn't include your  account, you could right-click the storage node, and select Attach External Storage.

Another approach is that you can re-install the Azure tool.

Regards,

Will

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Sunday, September 28, 2014 5:58 AM

All replies

• Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your post.

I 'd like to suggest you can try to sing out and re-sign in the Azure server explore.

1.right click the Azure node on server explore.

2.Select "Connect to with Microsoft Azure " and then login using your account.

3.Make sure your select the right subscription.

4.If storage list didn't include your  account, you could right-click the storage node, and select Attach External Storage.

Another approach is that you can re-install the Azure tool.

Regards,

Will

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Sunday, September 28, 2014 5:58 AM
  • Hi Will,

This worked, thanks!

Monday, September 29, 2014 4:07 PM
  • I may have spoken too soon - this did indeed work, but the next day, the same issue happened. I'd like to not have to sign out/sign back in each time I run VS, any idea about what may be causing this to happen? I'll try to reinstall Azure Tools in the meantime.

Thanks,

Thomas

Tuesday, September 30, 2014 5:03 PM