The load balancer is not provisioned error when attempting to deploy a SP 2013 App RRS feed

• Question

• Hello:

I am in VS 2013 with SP 2013 colocated on same Win 2008 R2 server.  I opened a SP 2013 App and directly hit F5 and got this error:

Error occurred in deployment step 'Install app for SharePoint': The load balancer is not provisioned. Verify the load balancer was provisioned successfully before retrieving endpoint addresses.  When creating the project, the first screen asks for a site to deploy to, and I just took the default, which was http://<servername> for the colocated server.

I googled this and could not find a solution.  Would anyone have any direction?

thank you

Harvey

Regards, Harvey

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 2:56 PM

Answers

• Hi Harvey Flaisher,

Based on the error message, this seems to be a service application not working issue.

Please check the ULS log or Event log to check in which service application the error occurs, like BCS, secure store service, app management service, then re-provision the service application using PowerShell command, or re-create the service application from UI to check the result.

Thanks,

Qiao Wei
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Qiao Wei Friday, March 7, 2014 1:52 AM
    Thursday, February 27, 2014 7:44 AM

All replies

• Hi Harvey Flaisher,

Based on the error message, this seems to be a service application not working issue.

Please check the ULS log or Event log to check in which service application the error occurs, like BCS, secure store service, app management service, then re-provision the service application using PowerShell command, or re-create the service application from UI to check the result.

Thanks,

Qiao Wei
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Qiao Wei Friday, March 7, 2014 1:52 AM
    Thursday, February 27, 2014 7:44 AM
  • Hi there,

I have tried deploying BCS via the UI, and powershell using:

$databaseServerName = "SQLdb"
    $searchServerName = $databaseServerName
    $saAppPoolName = "BCSAppPool"
    $appPoolUserName = "domain\Account_Farm"

$bcsSAName = "Business Data Connectivity Service"
    $appPoolAccount = Get-SPManagedAccount -Identity $appPoolUserName -EA 0 
    $saAppPool = Get-SPServiceApplicationPool -Identity $saAppPoolName -EA 0 

New-SPServiceApplicationPool -Name $saAppPoolName -Account $appPoolAccount -EA 0 > $null

Write-Host "YES - Creating BCS Service and Proxy..."
    New-SPBusinessDataCatalogServiceApplication -Name $bcsSAName -ApplicationPool $saAppPoolName -DatabaseServer $databaseServerName -DatabaseName "BusinessDataCatalogDB" > $null

Both UI and powershell hangs and creates the BCS services in central admin, but when I click BCS I get "The load balancer is not provisioned. Verify the load balancer was provisioned successfully before retrieving endpoint addresses.".

ANY IDEAS?  Im running version FEB 2016 of SharePoint 2013 Server.

thanks!

thanks, Tony Cosentino. www.webcloudsolutions.net

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 5:08 AM
  • I fixed it!

The SharePoint timer service was not running properly, and the app fabric service was stopped. So a good old fashioned Server reboot fixed the problem!!

thanks,

Tony.

thanks, Tony Cosentino. www.webcloudsolutions.net

Thursday, September 1, 2016 6:23 AM