Add Two version of .Net Compact framework in CE image RRS feed

• Question

• Dear,

I add .Net Compact Framework 1.0 and 2.0 when i build image in WinCE 5.0 . When i run application (using .net 1.0) then there is error:
    The application failed to load required components. If the .NET Compact Framework is installed on a storage card, please ensure that this card is in place and launch the application again. If this fails, a re-installation of the .NET Compact Framework is recommended. Support info: -2147483642 (80000006).

I checkd reldir folder then saw that , all the dll of .net 1.0 is overwritten by .net 2.0.

Please helps me to solve problem. I spent one week on this problem and have no result

Thanks in advance

• Moved by nobugz Friday, June 19, 2009 9:38 AM mobile q (From:.NET Base Class Library)
    Friday, June 19, 2009 7:59 AM

Answers

• You cannot add more than one version of NETCF into the OS image, they are mutually exclusive. Attempt to do so would leave NETCF of one or more versions broken in unpredictable way.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by warrentang Monday, June 22, 2009 7:45 AM
    Friday, June 19, 2009 3:12 PM

All replies

• Dear,

I add .Net Compact Framework 1.0 and 2.0 when i build image in WinCE 5.0 . When i run application (using .net 1.0) then there is error:
    The application failed to load required components. If the .NET Compact Framework is installed on a storage card, please ensure that this card is in place and launch the application again. If this fails, a re-installation of the .NET Compact Framework is recommended. Support info: -2147483642 (80000006).

I checkd reldir folder then saw that , all the dll of .net 1.0 is overwritten by .net 2.0.

Please helps me to solve problem. I spent one week on this problem and have no result

Thanks in advance

Friday, June 19, 2009 8:01 AM
  • Hi,

Just out of interest, what is shown if you execute \Windows\cgacutil.exe on the device?

Thanks

Paul Diston
    http://www.smartmobiledevice.co.uk/
    Friday, June 19, 2009 8:14 AM
  • IT show two version of dotnet 1.0 and 2.0 in the same dialog. But i run application then have error

Friday, June 19, 2009 8:28 AM
  • Hi James,

From the description, I find that the application is built against .NetCF 1.0 and now you are trying to run it against "Netcf 2.0" and it is throwing error.

Generally by default, the application is runned against latest version present in the device.
    But there is a mechanism in .Netcf using which we can direct to run our application to the desired version of .Netcf.
    This mechanism is called 'Using Appconfig confile'. You have to write an AppConfig file for your app, and this config file should also be loaded onto the device to the same location where your app is present .

The following link provides more information about these config files.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb629366.aspx

Friday, June 19, 2009 11:44 AM
  • You cannot add more than one version of NETCF into the OS image, they are mutually exclusive. Attempt to do so would leave NETCF of one or more versions broken in unpredictable way.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by warrentang Monday, June 22, 2009 7:45 AM
    Friday, June 19, 2009 3:12 PM