none
Installing Microsoft Robotics Developer 2008 RRS feed

• Question

• I have been asked to install it onto around ten pc's for some staff. I know that i need to give each user admin rights for the install which i then remove once the install is complete. The problem i have is the staff roam around the room to use different computers. Whats the express edition (free) and standard (paid for) differences? would the standard edition allow other users to rum the software off differnt pc's? Is it able to be deployed across a network?

thanks
    Wednesday, May 27, 2009 3:41 PM

Answers

• If you are an academic institution, then the Academic Edition is the same as Standard.

Standard installs in exactly the same way as Express.

Network installations are not really supported.

Trevor
    Monday, June 1, 2009 7:12 AM

All replies

• There is no difference between Express and Standard w.r.t. ccr and dss.  The main differences are in the simulation environment, licensing, and redistribution.  Also, the path to the RDS install is slightly different. 

I am pretty sure that as long as your PCs have the ccr and dss assemblies, and the dsshost and dssproxy programs, you can run your RDS services there.  Exchanging binaries between computers is the easy case and i think does not require anything special.

The more difficult case is exchanging source code between users or between versions due to the full path being used in certain places in .csproj files.  dssproject migration can help with this.  there are other threads about this.
    www.coroware.com
    Friday, May 29, 2009 7:21 PM
  • If you are an academic institution, then the Academic Edition is the same as Standard.

Standard installs in exactly the same way as Express.

Network installations are not really supported.

Trevor
    Monday, June 1, 2009 7:12 AM