none
Run Macro when Pivot Chart Slicer Event Occurs? RRS feed

• Question

• Excel 2010 ...

I wish to run a Recorded Macro when a Pivot Chart Slicer Event occurs ...

In other words ... Whenever a Slicer button is pushed I want a Macro to Run ...

Believe I need VBA to achieve this from those of you intimate with VBA???

Thanks ... Kha

Kha422

Monday, February 15, 2016 12:09 PM

Answers

• Hi Kha,

The pivot table slicer is used to filter the pivot table data. There is no such event for the clicking of pivot table slicer.

We can create a shape and assign the macro as a workaround.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 6:27 AM
  • Hi Kha,

>>Does this mean ... I would run the Slicer Selection & "when/if" the Col Bar Formats are not correct that I would then Run this Macro Button you are describing???

Yes. If we need to run the macro we can click the shape to run it manually. And would you mind sharing the detail scenario to help us understanding the issue exactly?

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Friday, February 19, 2016 5:03 AM

All replies

• Hi Kha,

This is the forum to discuss questions and feedback for Microsoft Excel, I'll move your question to the MSDN forum for Excel

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=exceldev

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Emi Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 7:45 AM
  • Hi Kha,

The pivot table slicer is used to filter the pivot table data. There is no such event for the clicking of pivot table slicer.

We can create a shape and assign the macro as a workaround.

Regards & Fei

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 6:27 AM
  • Fei ...

Does this mean ... I would run the Slicer Selection & "when/if" the Col Bar Formats are not correct that I would then Run this Macro Button you are describing???

If "So" ... Then I might be able to do this ...

If "No" ... Then I might need more Guidance from the Board ...

Thanks ... Kha

Kha422

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 11:40 AM
  • Hi Kha,

>>Does this mean ... I would run the Slicer Selection & "when/if" the Col Bar Formats are not correct that I would then Run this Macro Button you are describing???

Yes. If we need to run the macro we can click the shape to run it manually. And would you mind sharing the detail scenario to help us understanding the issue exactly?

Regards & Fei

Friday, February 19, 2016 5:03 AM