MSDN will not register me RRS feed

• Question

• OK, so I got visual studio pro last week which comes with MSDN essentials.

Registered with MSDN, was told it would take a couple of days to process (God knows why but never mind that.)

Anyway, yesterday morning I'm sent an email saying "Welcome to MSDN subscriptions! Everything’s ready so you can begin using your subscription right away"

So I click on the link to activate and of course it doesn't work. Ring the help line and I'm told to try after 3 PM as I'm told there was a failure in the data being transferred.

After 3 PM still no joy so back on the phone and this time I'm told that they have no idea when it will be fixed. I ask if I can have a temporay ID or something so I can get on but I'm told I haven't bought a real MSDN version so no.

Let me just say that the £700 I paid was with REAL money so would appreciate just a little bit more help here guys!

It's still not working this morning,  I'm getting this error.

Unrecognized Subscription Data

The data that you have provided could not be located in our system.

Tuesday, August 3, 2010 7:10 AM

Answers

• New e-mail:

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused, as due to the file feed issue your details have still not been fully uploaded into all systems and you will not be able to activate your MSDN subscription until this issue has been solved.
    We will contact you back shortly, as soon as the fix has taken part and your details are visible in the system
    After:

Works!!!! I associated my subscription! Works 100% for me.

• Proposed as answer by Adam Romanowski Monday, August 9, 2010 2:15 PM
    • Marked as answer by Mike Kinsman Tuesday, August 10, 2010 3:09 PM
    Monday, August 9, 2010 1:10 PM

All replies

• Hello!

I've the same problem like you!

I can't activate my MSDN Ultimate subscription. Sometimes I get error:

An Error Has Occurred

There was an unexpected error while retrieving your benefit data and we cannot process your request.

What's wrong?

Tuesday, August 3, 2010 11:25 AM
  • So I got this message yesterday from Micsosft

"Please be informed that our technical team is already working on your temporary access account since we cannot provide you with a concrete time frame for your final account at the moment.

This temporary account will be set up as soon as possible. The log-in details will be sent to you this very day. Please associated the account with your Windows Live ID by selecting the link in the e-mail, provide your log-in details and agree to the License Agreement.

You will certainly receive those details for your permanent account as soon as this has been activated in our systems."

Alas no login details arrived as promised and of course the MSDN site is still refusing to believe I exist.

...and so I begin day 5 of trying to register with MSDN.

Argghhhh!!!!

Wednesday, August 4, 2010 8:57 AM
  • I got another e-mail:

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused as we are currently indeed facing data transmission delays with new MSDN orders.

Due to this fact the named error message occurred while trying to associate your subscription with your Windows Live ID.

As our technicians are already working on this with high priority we would like to ask you for your patience. As we expect a solution of this within the next business days, you should be able to associate your subscription by tomorrow afternoon.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010 12:17 PM
  • Day 6 of trying to register begins.....

Still getting the same error on the site.

Still haven't been sent a temporary ID as promised.

Getting fed up with the amount of time this is taking me :-(

Thursday, August 5, 2010 8:13 AM
  • On Tuesday Microsft sent an email that they'd be sending a temporary account that day.

Yesterday (2 days later I get this email)

"We would like to inform you that it will not be possible to set up a temporary subscription due to our current system maintenance. Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay and the confusion. We are monitoring your account activation closely and are working diligently on providing you with your MSDN Essentials account. Once we have activated the account we will send out the details to you via email."

Is it really that hard to get an account activated?

The website still refuses to register me.

Day 7 of registration begins.

Friday, August 6, 2010 8:22 AM
  • What we can do? Nothing... I tried link my Live ID since Sunday. On Tuesday I got activation e-mail ("It's time to..."). I'm angry!

Friday, August 6, 2010 9:14 AM
  • They just sent me a customer satisfaction survey on how they delt with my problem.

Enjoyed filling it in!

Friday, August 6, 2010 10:44 AM
  • It's funny - huge IT company can't fix our problems!

How long will we wait?

Friday, August 6, 2010 11:31 AM
  • Hi Dave

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. We are investigating this issue, can you please send us sbpfdbk@microsoft.com your subscriber ID?

Thanks

Supriya

Subscription Site Support

Friday, August 6, 2010 8:15 PM
  • Email sent.

Day 8......

Saturday, August 7, 2010 7:29 AM
  • I got survey - funny :/.

Anyone can help us?

For me, day 5 - no results.

Saturday, August 7, 2010 1:39 PM
  • Day 9, no news to report.

Anbody want to lend me their account details?!!!

Sunday, August 8, 2010 7:08 AM
  • I think - nobody.

I sent e-mails to: MSDNIC@eu.subservices.com , MSDN in Poland and sent feedback from MSDN site. I got only: satisfaction survey (I've bad opinion about Microsoft by errors), in e-mails I read usually apologies, without true help. Bad, bad, bad ://

Sunday, August 8, 2010 1:55 PM
  •  

I managed to crack into their box to see if I could figure out what was wrong.

I think I can see the problem!!!

Sub RegisterUser()
        Try
          LookupUserDetails()

|
        Catch ex As Exception
          MsgBox("We are very sorry you failed to register")

Exit Sub

Fixit()

End Try

End Sub

Sunday, August 8, 2010 2:39 PM
  • Day 10,

Not heard anything from Microsoft.

I bet they wouldn't treat paying customers like this.

Oh sorry, forgot. I AM

Monday, August 9, 2010 9:35 AM
  • That's right. It's impossible - 10 days (6 for me) and no help yet.
    Monday, August 9, 2010 10:06 AM
  • New e-mail:

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused, as due to the file feed issue your details have still not been fully uploaded into all systems and you will not be able to activate your MSDN subscription until this issue has been solved.
    We will contact you back shortly, as soon as the fix has taken part and your details are visible in the system
    After:

Works!!!! I associated my subscription! Works 100% for me.

• Proposed as answer by Adam Romanowski Monday, August 9, 2010 2:15 PM
    • Marked as answer by Mike Kinsman Tuesday, August 10, 2010 3:09 PM
    Monday, August 9, 2010 1:10 PM
  • Thanks for letting me know Adam.

Works for me too now.

Microsoft didn't let me know!

Monday, August 9, 2010 2:51 PM
  • We had to do a bit of chasing down here guys, we're really sorry for the delay.  There was an issue in the data feeds that process new customers that should now be resolved.  

Adam, I watched all the email traffic between you and Supriya, and for both of you, I forwarded all of your helpful email to probably about 50 people in total, and it did get to the right folks who were already aware and working towards resolving the issue.  Your specifics helped us work this issue quickly, so thanks for responding to us quickly and competely.

Again we're really sorry that this took so long getting you two set up with your new Subscription.  While we wish it was instantly available, I believe a delay of over a week is very atypical behavior for a new Subscriber, but it shouldn't have happened at all to you.  I'm glad to hear that you're set up correctly now.

Thanks,
    Mike

MSDN and TechNet Subscriptions Support
    Tuesday, August 10, 2010 3:09 PM
  • I got that same problem 9/15/10. We shall see how long it takes.

Not sure where this name dgmoldk234 comes from. I never made it.

Friday, September 17, 2010 2:36 AM