Bug? Login control fires OnLoggedIn and OnLoginError twice with CSS Friendly Adapters RRS feed

• Question

• User-703778453 posted

Hi,

I'm currently working on a project in which I would like to use the CSS Friendly Adapters. But when testing the LoginAdapter and logging the successful and failed logins, I get two entries for each login attempt in the log. When removing the adapters I only get one, which is the expected result. I'm guessing the LoginAdapter fires the events after the Login control has already raised it.

Has anyone else experienced this and if yes, how did you fix it?

Thursday, December 20, 2007 4:59 AM

Answers

• User-582965338 posted

Are you using the latest version of the CSS Friendly Adapters or the old adapters?  They are currently open source and community maintained.  The old "official" site is no longer the latest build.  Visit the codeplex site and download the latest version:  http://www.codeplex.com/cssfriendly/SourceControl/ListDownloadableCommits.aspx.  I'm almost certain that a few of us have worked through these issues in the past and I thought they were fixed (though it's possible some more obscure version of this bug still exists out there).

The new version removes the need for a lot of extra files/folders in your projects.  All you'll need to do with the new build is add the assembly to your /bin directory and the Browsers file to the App_Browsers folder.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, December 31, 2007 3:05 PM

All replies

• User-582965338 posted

Are you using the latest version of the CSS Friendly Adapters or the old adapters?  They are currently open source and community maintained.  The old "official" site is no longer the latest build.  Visit the codeplex site and download the latest version:  http://www.codeplex.com/cssfriendly/SourceControl/ListDownloadableCommits.aspx.  I'm almost certain that a few of us have worked through these issues in the past and I thought they were fixed (though it's possible some more obscure version of this bug still exists out there).

The new version removes the need for a lot of extra files/folders in your projects.  All you'll need to do with the new build is add the assembly to your /bin directory and the Browsers file to the App_Browsers folder.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, December 31, 2007 3:05 PM
  • User-703778453 posted

Thanks for your reply, Trevor311. I used the production release from codeplex (v1.0), when these errors occured. After downloading the source code and using the assembly built from it, the problem was gone. Would the project team consider a bug fix release any time soon?

Just a sidenote: The MSDN docs states that Login.OnLoggedIn:

Raises the LoggedIn event after the user logs in to the Web site and has been authenticated.

This does not seem to be true when doing a check on User.IsAuthenticated (both with and without <ABBR title="CSS Friendly Control Adapters">CSSFCA</ABBR>). The Page.User.Identity property also seems to be empty.

Wednesday, January 2, 2008 5:42 AM