I can't get my......"FILL IN THE BANK"......in EW4 RRS feed

• General discussion

• You remember the game you play with Chinese fortune cookies. You read the fortune and then say "between the sheets". Well this game is similar. You say "I can't get my", add something, and then say "in EW4". I'll start:

I can't get my page to center in EW4.
    I can't get my hyperlink to work in EW4.
    I can't get my javascript rich text editor to work in EW4.
    I can't get my dog to fetch in EW4.
    I can't get my secretary to bring me coffee in EW4.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010 9:58 PM

All replies

• I can't get my page to display properly in Design View in EW4!

I can't get my layers to work right in EW4.

I can't get my site to publish with FP Extensions in EW4.

I can't get no satisfaction in EW4.

Jim

Tuesday, November 16, 2010 10:07 PM
  • I can't get my site content layer to show in design view.

I can't get my page to look the same in IE (or Firefox or Safari or Opera) as it does in design view.

I can't get EW4 to create font tags.

MS MVP Expression Tutorials & Help http://by-expression.com & Expression Web forums
    Tuesday, November 16, 2010 10:15 PM
  • I can't get EW4 to do ALL my work for me so I can sit around all day- will there be a patch soon?

Clearly a DAMWSICL  ( do all my work so I can loaf)  interface issue. I hope the dev team is working on this!

Tuesday, November 16, 2010 10:25 PM
  • I can't get the AJAX Control Toolkit to show up in the toolbox or design view in EW.

I can't get my Web pages to consistently display like every browser in the market would in design view in EW.

I can't get my ASP.NET 4.0-based site to work on a Linux server, and it was made in EW.

I can't get my dynamic content to display in design view in EW.

I can't get mommy to let me leave the table until I finish this site in EW.

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.
    Tuesday, November 16, 2010 10:50 PM
  • I can't get my HTML 1.0 to work in EW4 (cause I don't got it yet).

I can't get my HTML 5.0 to work in EW4 (cause it's not a standard yet).

Nancy Ward
    Windows 8 Beta Ferret

Nancy Ward
    Wednesday, November 17, 2010 4:15 AM

• I can't get my MS-Word document that I cut and pasted into deign view to look the same when viewed by Firefox, IE and Safari in EW.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010 4:49 AM
  • I can't get anyone to send me money to use my site, and I designed it using Expression Web!!

ClarkNK, A.K.A. HomePage Doctor
    HomePageDoctor.com -- Expression Web database tutorials
    Ownertrades.com -- Created with FP, Access, Bots and Wizards
    MyNumbersTracker.com -- Created with Expression, VWDExress, SQL Express, and ASP.NET.
    Wednesday, November 17, 2010 1:21 PM
  • I can't get all the visitors to my sites to use the browser I want them to, even though I designed the sites in EW!  Where's the option in EW for this?
    Wednesday, November 17, 2010 4:15 PM
  • I can't get my site visitors to upgrade off IE 6.
    MS MVP Expression Tutorials & Help http://by-expression.com & Expression Web forums
    Wednesday, November 17, 2010 4:16 PM
  • Where is the button to make rounded corners in EW?
    Wednesday, November 17, 2010 4:55 PM
  • "I can't get anyone to send me money to use my site, and I designed it using Expression Web!! "

Oooh oooh!  I want that!  We need to put in a feature request for the "Insert -> Desire To Give Me Money widget"

Wednesday, November 17, 2010 8:16 PM
  • Heck, I've only had 2-3 people use the tip jar over on by-expression.com despite the over 34,000 views/downloads in the last 2-3 years its been up.
    Wednesday, November 17, 2010 9:44 PM
  • "I can't get my site visitors to upgrade off IE 6."

Just did a statistics check on one of my sites, a state-wide horse club.  Nov 2010:

IE8: 35.9% 

IE6 13.3% 

IE7 13%

FireFox, all versions: 12.8%

IE5, all point versions: 4.6% (!)

IE9: 0.1%

And the rest, other browsers.

Sigh.  I am *so* not able to drop support for IE6 yet.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010 11:57 PM
  • "state-wide horse club"   IE6 13.3% 
    LOL! Doesn't sound like the corporate user type who is forced to use IE6. People can be so pathetic.
    Well Kathy, at least you're not having to deal with just a County-Wide Horse Club. I bet they are the IE5 users.
    Thursday, November 18, 2010 12:52 AM
  • "People can be so pathetic."

Horse owners generally fall into two categories: those who are rich and can readily afford to keep horses (and there would be few of those in this club's state), and those who love horses enough that they are willing to be extremely frugal in order to afford to keep them.  For a segment of those, that means: if that Windows 95 computer still gets email and gets to the internet, why spend money to upgrade?  And if so, IE5 is the browser included and IE6 is not supported.  If the Windows 95 computer died and they have Windows 98, Windows 2000, or Windows Me, they might have IE6, but no higher: IE7 is not supported.  And as long as those browsers still work on the sites they go to, there is no reason to try Firefox or any other.  (If you've never seen the CSS rounded corners in the site, you won't miss them.)  It's not a matter of being "pathetic", it's a matter of economic priorities. It's also a good example of why one needs to know the audience for a site.

Thursday, November 18, 2010 1:44 AM