Public Key Token Error ??? RRS feed

• Question

• User-982972619 posted

Hi guys, I need some help right now perhaps y'all could help.

I made a program in my office that could generate a text-based report using VB.NET as the client interface and C# for the server side. Then I run the program (VB.NET ones) when I click create report button, it generate error message like this.

Error:
    The type CLS.Manager.cs_getsalesman in Assemblye CLS.Manager,
    Version-1.0.3029.15292, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null is not marked as serializable

Maybe i can give you some explanations before. CLS.Manager is a C# class that handles the query to database and data fetching related work. the data stores in string datatype array which cs_getsalesman declared all the string variables to store the data fetched from db column data. After those data fetched then it's time the VB.NET class gets to work, it handles all the printing and showing records related business, so the major blowout is on the VB.NET class when I tried to print the report that is...

I hope you can help me out, cause I'm in kind of desperate roadways right now. Thanks I appreciate all kinds of help.

Regards. 

Thursday, April 17, 2008 3:30 AM

Answers

• User-318218893 posted

Your problem  First maybe located in web.config are you using AJAX extension?

Try to create a new web.config new with public key token in <section group /> 

Second,  open your iis in control panel, set the version of .NET to become 2.0 because maybe the default is 1.1

Hope this helps 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Saturday, April 19, 2008 9:11 AM