Visual Studio settings macro vsspv_visualstudio_dir RRS feed

• Question

• Where is vsspv_visualstudio_dir defined ?

How to query the value inside Visual Studio ?

There is no documentation for vsspv_visualstudio_dir.
    I find a lot of places referencing %vsspv_visualstudio_dir%

Tuesday, February 23, 2016 12:35 PM

All replies

• Hi GerhardFries,

>>Where is vsspv_visualstudio_dir defined ?

vsspv_visualstudio_dir is a windows environment variable. You could find it using follow way.

Right Click My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced -> Environment variables You will see vsspv_visualstudio_dir in the list.

Best Regards,
    Li Wang

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 5:26 AM
  • Hi Li Wang,

on my System, Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Build 7601 Sp1,German,  it is not.
    Neither a system environment variable, nor defined in a VS console nor a registry value nor defined as a macro inside Visual Studio 2013 Professional. But Visual Studio is able to resolve that variable/macro.
    And I would like to know how and how/where to query its value.
    I am playing around with Visual Studio Project Templates and some pieces dont work as expected. So I need to check template folders, variable substitution etc.

Best Regards,

Gerhard Fries

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 1:51 PM
  • Hi,

I am also on a win7 64 bit env and cannot find the environment variable defined anywhere.  The purpose I require this for is with an Isolated Shell Application I want to change the path that vsspv_visualstudio_dir resolves to.

Thanks.

Wednesday, March 2, 2016 3:09 AM