none
Future of VB.NET RRS feed

• General discussion

• This week Microsoft is doing their Build event and one of the sessions includes Kathleen Dollard talking about VB.NET current and future plans. She is the first one to speak and later in the video does more on VB.NET.

Join Kathleen Dollard, Phillip Carter, Mads Torgersen and Dustin Campbell as they cover all your questions and concerns on C#, Visual Basic and F#!

https://mybuild.techcommunity.microsoft.com/sessions/77279?source=sessions#top-anchor

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

Thursday, May 9, 2019 2:54 PM

All replies

• Hi Karen,
    Thank you for the link :-)

The VB-Team 10 years ago:

--
    Best Regards / Viele Grüße
    Peter Fleischer (former MVP for Developer Technologies)
    Homepage, Tipps, Tricks

Thursday, May 9, 2019 3:13 PM
  • Thanks for the link. Giving it a watch now. Already I want one of those jackets!

Live as if you were going to die today, learn as if you were going to live forever -Mahatma Gandhi

Thursday, May 9, 2019 5:13 PM
  • Karren, if you dont mind me asking, what do you find yourself doing at work? C# WPF/ EF, etc?

Live as if you were going to die today, learn as if you were going to live forever -Mahatma Gandhi

Thursday, May 9, 2019 5:58 PM
  • I create mobile web applications, Windows services and desktop solutions using the following.

• C# Hybrid ASP.NET for SPA (Single Page Application).
    • C# Entity Framework with SQL-Server and Oracle.
    • C# WPF MVVM.
    • C# various types of utilities.
    • C# Windows services for redaction of sensitive documents, data extraction to name a few.
    • C# solutions with one percent or less VB.NET code.
    • ColdFusion
    • Develop and maintain SAAS for Bootstrap 4 styles.
    • Develop jQuery extensions.

Last time I wrote a full VB.NET solution was in 2007 which is still running today. As far as I know there are a handful of VB.NET solutions I wrote for Oregon Department of Revenue written back in 2003 thru 2005 still running with zero issues.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

Friday, May 10, 2019 12:42 PM