I ´m not able to add forms without edit permissions RRS feed

• Question

• I need to be able to allow users to submit items (InfoPath form) to a library but not edit or delete. I created a specific permissions level, I copied the contribute permission level and I only unchecked edit and delete permissions. When I try to add my form I got the an error of Access Denied. However if I edit the permission level and I check edit again, I have no problem:. Could you help me?, please. I need to be able to add items (InfoPath form) but without the edit permission.

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 9:51 AM

Answers

• I think you'll need to look for a solution which moves the forms or otherwise modifies the item permissions to do what you're asking.

If I user doesn't have the edit permission, they will never be able to create an instance of the form.

Assuming what you're looking for is something like this: User creates a new form, but is unable to modify the contents after submitting it you could:

• Have the user digitally sign the section of the form they filled out. Any modification of that section would void that signature so you would be sure that the contents had not changed.
    • Use a workflow to "strip" the permissions after submissions. The workflow could kick off on submission and reset the permissions to your desired state where administrators could edit the form, but the original submitter could not edit the form.

• Marked as answer by Baba159 Tuesday, May 31, 2016 11:48 AM
    Tuesday, May 31, 2016 10:42 AM

All replies

• I think you'll need to look for a solution which moves the forms or otherwise modifies the item permissions to do what you're asking.

If I user doesn't have the edit permission, they will never be able to create an instance of the form.

Assuming what you're looking for is something like this: User creates a new form, but is unable to modify the contents after submitting it you could:

• Have the user digitally sign the section of the form they filled out. Any modification of that section would void that signature so you would be sure that the contents had not changed.
    • Use a workflow to "strip" the permissions after submissions. The workflow could kick off on submission and reset the permissions to your desired state where administrators could edit the form, but the original submitter could not edit the form.

• Marked as answer by Baba159 Tuesday, May 31, 2016 11:48 AM
    Tuesday, May 31, 2016 10:42 AM
  • Thank you for the answer! I will try another way then.
    Tuesday, May 31, 2016 11:40 AM