none
Windows Hello and Web Authentication RRS feed

• Question

• As of Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17682, the Edge browser is supposed to be able to support using Windows Hello and YubiKeys for the Web Authentication APIs with javascript calls. However, when I try to register a new credential, I only get prompted to use a yubikey. I was wondering if there are any examples or documentation to trigger using one over the other.

Article source: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2018/05/31/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-17682/#G6dB62h6Z3F8QUwe.97

Web Authentication preview: Microsoft Edge now includes unprefixed support for the new Web Authentication API (a.k.a. WebAuthN). This evolves our previous support for the WebAuthN specification to enable the updated version of the API by default.

Web Authentication provides an open, scalable, and interoperable solution to facilitate authentication, which replaces passwords with stronger hardware-bound credentials. The implementation in Microsoft Edge allows users to use Windows Hello (via PIN or biometrics) and external authenticators like FIDO2 Security Keys or FIDO U2F Security Keys, to securely authenticate to websites. We’ll have more to share about Web Authentication in Microsoft Edge soon!
    Wednesday, July 18, 2018 1:52 PM

Answers