How to turn off workflow task notification? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I got a simple question regarding SharePoint default Approval Workflow, 

I had a default Approval Workflow in Pages, so the workflow will trigger upon creating of new page,

just wondering is it by default the workflow will send out task notification email to the approvers?

the email received by approvers as below:

Task assigned by XXX on 27/04/2011.

Please approve testing2

To complete this task:

1. Review testing2.aspx.

2. Perform the specific activities required for this task.

3. Use the Edit this task button to mark the task as completed. (If you cannot update this task, you might not have access to it. Click here to request access.)

how can I turn off the task notification?

thank you in advanced.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 10:01 AM

Answers

• Hi Clayton,

Thanks for your reply,

Yes I'm mention on Sharepoint 2007,

I wanted to turn off the default notification is because I already implement a custom notification.

Anyway,  I think the notification can be turn off from Workflow Tasks List --> List Settings --> Advanced Settings --> select "No" in Email Notification part.

correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks

Wednesday, May 4, 2011 3:37 PM
  • That's a notification of assignment of a task, but that's not the same thing as what the workflow does - it has its own email notification step embedded within it.
    SharePoint Architect || Microsoft MVP || My Blog
    Planet Technologies || SharePoint Task Force
    Thursday, May 5, 2011 12:20 AM

All replies

• Yes, it's part of the workflow process.  There are no settings for that notification unless you're using 2010, but this is the pre-2010 forum, so I assume it's 2007.

Why would you not want an official, well-formatted, Outlook-integrated task notification during a workflow?

Thursday, April 28, 2011 3:57 AM
  • Hi Clayton,

Thanks for your reply,

Yes I'm mention on Sharepoint 2007,

I wanted to turn off the default notification is because I already implement a custom notification.

Anyway,  I think the notification can be turn off from Workflow Tasks List --> List Settings --> Advanced Settings --> select "No" in Email Notification part.

correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks

Wednesday, May 4, 2011 3:37 PM
  • That's a notification of assignment of a task, but that's not the same thing as what the workflow does - it has its own email notification step embedded within it.
    Thursday, May 5, 2011 12:20 AM