none
Visual Studio FTP Log On Screen Locks up in Windows 10

Question

• I am using Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2015 for Web and have just upgraded to Windows 10. Since the upgrade, VS locks up  on the "FTP Log On" screen every time I use "Copy Web Site..." (See screenshot below). It seems like many developers are having the same issue, but I am unaware of a solution to the problem. This is a major issue since users can no longer synchronize their remote and local files. Does anyone know of a permanent solution? 

Monday, December 14, 2015 11:11 PM

All replies

• Hi Mark Pringle,

This forum is discuss Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor.

Please try clear the caches under C:\Users\<youruserprofile>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WebsiteCache\<yourproject>

If it doesn't resolve the problem, and there are many developers have the same problem, I suggest you post this problem to Visual Studio Connect to feedback this problem.

https://connect.microsoft.com/visualstudio

Since your problem more related to FTP, I suggest you post this problem to IIS forum for a better help. It is appropriate and more experts will assist you.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 8:02 AM