none
Report Viewer with Internet Explorer 9 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    My company has a system running in asp.net using the report viewer to display some reports. After upgrading to Internet Explorer 9, the reports are not displayed correctly when using different zoom from 100%. The problem not occurs when the compatibility mode is seted on IE.
    The problem is easy to be reproduced and i upload some screenshots at https://picasaweb.google.com/102746433851783529556/ReportViewerScreenCaps#
    In the test, I used the examples available in http://archive.msdn.microsoft.com/reportviewer
    When viewing with zoom in "Page Width", the top of the report is cut.
    When you view with the zoom in "200%", a track is added on top of the blank report. The problem occurs whith the versions 9 and 10 from rv control.
    Is there a hotfix or workaround for this?
    Thank you.

Friday, May 13, 2011 12:55 PM

All replies

• Im Having the same problem right now, i also tried using the compatibility mode in IE9, but if you use it on the IE9 standards it still has that problem. any ideas on how to make it work??
    Wednesday, June 1, 2011 4:31 PM
  • we alfo found something interesting, when the report viewer is on a page for its own it works perfectly.
    Wednesday, June 1, 2011 6:32 PM
  • ok update, i was testing why that thign happened and i found that the reportviewer stoped working fine when the !doctype html tag was in the page. still... anyone has any idea?
    Wednesday, June 1, 2011 8:37 PM
  • The problem remains without a solution. The biggest problem with the report viewer has always been its compatibility with non-IE browsers. Now the problem seems to be with the IE itself ...

At this moment, i am evaluating the Report Viewer from Perpetuum Software.

Thursday, June 9, 2011 6:10 PM
  • I'm also running into this issue. Has anybody found a solution for it yet?
    Wednesday, September 28, 2011 3:20 PM
  • ok update, i was testing why that thign happened and i found that the reportviewer stoped working fine when the !doctype html tag was in the page. still... anyone has any idea?
    No it doesn't make any difference if <!Doctype tag is present or not. It never works for any value of the zoom more than 100%
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011 4:08 PM
  • I'm also having the issue described by Vamis, as well as numerous other compatibility issues between reportviewer (either 9 or 10) and IE9.

Help would be appreciated.

Thursday, November 17, 2011 10:30 PM
  • weird then as it now works for me in IE9 with the doctype tag removed...

andy

Monday, January 23, 2012 4:39 PM
  • I've been investigating our similar issues.

While I haven't fully pinned down the problems, let me fill everyone in on everything I know at present:

ReportViewer 9.0.0.0 appears to have compatibility problems with IE8 and IE9.

ReportViewer 10.0.0.0 renders reports into HTML in a completely different way than ReportViewer 9.  In particular, where ReportViewer 9 embedded the html for the report in an iframe, ReportViewer 10 renders the report directly on to the page.  As a result, the report is inheriting css from the surrounding web site in a way that it never did in ReportViewer 9.  This can obviously cause the display of the report to become skewed.  Previously you had to work hard to screw up the appearance of the report; now, not so much.  If you have an report viewer embedded in a complicated page, you'll need to include css to break the chain of inheritance downward to the report viewer control.

ReportViewer's 'page width' and 'full page' zoom features don't appear to work correctly using ReportViewer 10.0.0.0.  This is because ReportViewer 10 implements the zoom functionality by way of a css attribute that causes the enclosed elements to scale with a value corresponding to the selection.  This works fine for a percentage like "100%" or "25%" or "500%" but doesn't work for "full page" or "page width".

Monday, February 6, 2012 8:32 PM
  • Hi,

We just updated our website to use Report Viewer 11 and are having this issue. I can’t believe it hasn’t been fixed yet or a work around found.

Any zoom other than 100% is wrong. Greater than 100% crops the top off. Less than 100% adds large sections of white space to the top of the report.

Anyone found anything new on this?

Thanks.

Wednesday, September 5, 2012 2:33 AM