web form filler RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I am interested to know how to fill a web page with strings, how to click on buttons, checkbox how to select from a combo.

I do this usually with wintask and works great, but now the requirements says that I have to do this with J# (or C# if I connot make it with J#).

It doesn't work properly with webbrowsercontrol. I want to load the web page in Internet Explorer, wait to see the page loaded and after that to fill the textfields, etc.

I appreciate all the coments.

Thank you,

Iulian

Monday, February 18, 2008 8:27 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I have made a program to automate webforms. You can take a look at this, it's poorly commented, there is no error handling, and it supports only sending events and setting innertext, but you should be able to get the consept.

http://tuxbear.com/files/webformfiller.zip

Hope this helps!

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 12:09 PM

All replies

• Set items on the page with the webbrowser control like this:

webBrowser1.Document.GetElementById("password").InnerText = "rttryfy";

Monday, February 18, 2008 10:12 PM
  • I tried with webBrowser. Like you say. But it doesn't work. That's why I am asking this.

Monday, February 18, 2008 10:17 PM
  • Hi,

I have made a program to automate webforms. You can take a look at this, it's poorly commented, there is no error handling, and it supports only sending events and setting innertext, but you should be able to get the consept.

http://tuxbear.com/files/webformfiller.zip

Hope this helps!

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 12:09 PM
  • Hi tuxbear,

Very nice application. I am using VS 2005 and I couldn't open the project, but I run the exe file.

I didn't figure it out how you set up the fields without reloading the webbroser.

Please explain.

Thanks.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 7:24 PM
  • Hi,

if you just create a new project, and choose add existing item, and then add the classes in the zip, you can see it. The app uses the code i posted above.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 7:57 PM