none
Com component "MS TV Video Control" not able to play .mp4 and .mov videos. RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to embed and play media using "MS TV Video Control" com component in my .Net application.
    I followed instructions provided in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADEmnmWqb7l
    The project compiled fine and it played .avi file. but when I tried to play .mov and .mp4 file, it gave a error "error Result E_Fail has been returned from a call to a COM component"

This is very critical to my project.

Regards,
    Hem Dutt

Friday, December 30, 2016 9:39 AM

All replies

• Hi Hem Dutt,

>>"HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component."

This is a common error. Please try removing the csproj.user files and checking whether it could fix your issue.

I also suggest you to recreate a project to test it.

In addition, your code is VB language, I would suggest you repost this issue in Visual Studio Languages ,    Visual Basic  forum for professional support.

Best regards,

Kristin  

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 4, 2017 2:02 AM
  • Hi Kristin,

Thanks for response. I tried the suggested way but still the problem is not resolved.
    Are you able to play .mp4 and .mov movies at your machine using this com component?

Regards,
    Hem Dutt

Wednesday, January 25, 2017 5:59 AM