none
Office 365 Outlook Addin difficulty executing RRS feed

• Question

• I am a Newbie to Addin Development. I was using the Napa development tool to create a very basic Outlook addin to understand how they integrate with outlook. The Napa tool is being depreciated so I decided to use Visual Studio 2015. I have used VS 2015 already to create some basic SharePoint Addin's which I was able to get working using my Office developer license on my personal SharePoint site.

I created an outlook addin using Visual studio 2015, which compiles clean and transfers to my Outlook Office 365 test account. When I attempt to execute the addin, I get an error message stating something went wrong. When I try to re-start the addin, I get the following message "Content was blocked because it was not signed by a valid security certificate".

When I go into the Edge debugger, the following console messages shows up

Executing action: StartAddinSelectionCtq

HTTPS security is compromised by ms-appx-web://microsoft.microsoftedge/assets/errorpages/sslnavcancel.htm

HTTPS security is compromised by ms-appx-web://microsoft.microsoftedge/Assets/ErrorPages/ErrorPageScripts.js

HTTPS security is compromised by ms-appx-web:///assets/Fonts/BrowserMDL.ttf#Browser MDL2 Assets

Obviously there is a security error, I wondering what I am missing. I figured since I am using my test account my testing would not be effected by security,

I am missing something here. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Saturday, March 11, 2017 2:25 AM

Answers

• I just installed visual studio 2017 on another laptop. When I create a basic outlook addin I am successful when executing, so it must have something to do with security certificate on my other device. I will close out this thread. Thanks for the assistance.
    • Marked as answer by VBJetGuy550 Saturday, March 18, 2017 8:33 PM
    Saturday, March 18, 2017 8:33 PM

All replies

• Hi VBJetGuy550,

I try to search regarding the error ,"Content was blocked because it was not signed by a valid security certificate".

I find that this error is related with browser.

you can try to change the settings in web browser and try to test it again may solve your issue.

a. Start Internet Explorer.
    b. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
    c. Click the Advanced tab, and then locate the Security section.
    d. Click to clear the Check for server certificate revocation check box, and then click OK.
    e. Restart the computer.

for more information you can refer the link below.

Error: Content was blocked because it was not signed by a valid security certificate.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 5:22 AM
  • Deepak,

Thanks for the advice, I am using MS Edge, I don't see that option but I do see it under the options in Explorer. I am away from development machine until Friday, so I will try when I get back home.

Thanks again, I will post my results.

Fritz

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 2:37 AM
  • I just followed the advice by setting and unsetting those parameters with reboots each respective time and get the same result. I would still think out of the box project should at least load and execute in a test environment with issue. I must be still missing a setting.
    Saturday, March 18, 2017 4:42 PM
  • I just installed visual studio 2017 on another laptop. When I create a basic outlook addin I am successful when executing, so it must have something to do with security certificate on my other device. I will close out this thread. Thanks for the assistance.
    • Marked as answer by VBJetGuy550 Saturday, March 18, 2017 8:33 PM
    Saturday, March 18, 2017 8:33 PM