The following forum(s) have migrated to Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Developing Universal Windows apps!
Visit Microsoft Q&A (Preview) to post new questions.

Learn More

To install my phonegap app in windows phone RRS feed

• Question

• I have built an app using jquery mobile and phonegap. I can install it in android and iphone and they work fine. 

But how can I install the app in windows phone? 

When I try to install using the qr code it says you need to install some other app to run the app. But when I search the app in store there is no app available for this. 

Please help me to resolve this issue 

Thanks

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 1:46 PM

All replies

• You cannot install an app targeting iOS or Android on Windows Phone...

Please explain more about your project.

Did you create a Windows Phone project using the Windows Phone SDK + phonegap?

see also: How to deploy and run a Windows Phone app

-Eric.

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 9:17 PM
  • No, I created the app with jquery mobile framework and built with phonegap cloud build service. I got the xap file from the phonegap but I cant install it in a windows phone anyway. Should I need windows phone sdk to install the xap in a windows phone? Or how can I run that xap file in windows phone?
    Thursday, September 26, 2013 4:38 AM
  • I'm not familiar with the cloud build service you are referring to... do they have documentation which indicates that the results can be used on Windows Phone?

In order to side-load an unsigned application on Windows Phone you need an active developer account and the Windows Phone SDK tools in order to register your phone with your developer account and deploy the XAP file to the device.

Of course, XAP file is also used for Silverlight web application... Windows Phone does not support this type of XAP.

-Eric.

Thursday, September 26, 2013 7:50 PM
  • Here is the phonegap docs 

http://docs.phonegap.com/en/3.0.0/index.html

Phonegap will build the application file for different devices and we can install the file in the respective phones. I can install in iphone and android but cant install in windows phone.

Should I need to consider anything before installing an xap file in windows phone?

Friday, September 27, 2013 10:33 AM
  • As I said, in order to deploy a XAP file to Windows Phone 8 you need to install the Windows Phone SDK and, if you want to deploy to a physical device, you will need to purchase a Dev Center developer account.
      This is all described in the MSDN article:  How to deploy and run a Windows Phone app.

The phonegap documentation you referenced also has platform specific instructions, ex: http://docs.phonegap.com/en/3.0.0/guide_platforms_wp8_index.md.html#Windows%20Phone%208%20Platform%20Guide and http://docs.phonegap.com/en/3.0.0/guide_platforms_wp7_index.md.html#Windows%20Phone%207%20Platform%20Guide

-Eric.

Friday, September 27, 2013 4:54 PM